A&H

Targeted harassment of match officials

49251288_10204841054261561_4339603478063087616_n.jpg
Back in the day, before the cancer of money took over, before managers, footballers and referees got to be the centre of attention and targets for abuse!!!

The Referee Store
I don't think this is solely an old firm phenomenon.

Wasn't there a European referee who had to retire after a load of Chelsea (I think) fans turn up at his village looking for him?

I think Howard Webb's wife had people turning up at their front door after something that happened in the Euros a few years back?

Graham poll was sent Ariel photos of his house

Michael Oliver had people shouting through their letter box, and his partner had threatening/abusive text messages after her mobile number was leaked

Of course none of this makes it acceptable, but unfortunately, if people want to find your details then they will.

Either because they are readily available on a database or in a handbook, or because someone knows someone who can get access to your details.

My understanding is the system logs all searches members make regards to other officials, so my question is if it's known who has been Searching Mr Beaton what sanctions would/should be imposed on the culprit?, I'm interested on other referees opinions

And this now becomes a problem for the data holder, which will be the SFA. Under GDPR, data should be held securely and only accessed for valid reasons. Referees obtaining the data for onward distribution are breaching the requirements. This is just the same as hackers getting bank details from a business.

Will be interesting if something happens down this route?

Back