A&H

Swindon v Port Vale last night

i have to say im in complete agreement with @deusex

the 'injury' is definitely a slight ploy to waste time ...

The ball is dead. Add the time on.

Yeah it is a ploy. But, it will blow up in your face like it did unfortunately for Brendon. Control it, manage the situation. And the outcome won't be severe like this and damaging to your season or repuation or club marks.

The Referee Store
I still don't believe there was sufficient time between the player dropping and the corner taking

Reactions: SM
Surely the answer to this one would have been to stop play (and your watch), don't bother talking to the player but immediately wave the physio on - clearly the player is in trouble and needs treatment, otherwise he wouldn't have sat down. Unfortunately after treatment the player would then have had to leave the FOP, and as referee I wouldn't be allowing them back on until after the corner kick had been taken...

Exactly and that way "cheating" hasn't prevailed.

Personally - any stoppages during added time, I physically stop my watch, that ensures we play the correct amount of added time.

PP, I wish they did that in the EPL.
The watch seems to get blown bang on 93:00 WHATEVER happens in that time

You won't get to where those boys & girls are in the Football league and Premier league by following that approach though @PinnerPaul and @deusex. It will create you more problems then its worth, not just for that game but for future times you referee the teams.

Back