A&H

Swansea v Leicester - Build up to first goal

Tealeaf

Lighting the darkest hour
Staff member
Just outside centre circle in the Leicester half Huth and Carroll come together. Huth has the free kick given against him and receives a yellow card.

For me this was totally wrong in law. Commentators suggested that Huth had challenged with both feet, but on a first and second view they're clearly on the ground. Carroll meanwhile goes over the top of the ball and stands/stamps on Huth's shins, limps away and gets the free kick himself. Harsh in the extreme, and from where I'm sat a serious error in law.

Am I in the minority here?

The Referee Store
Just outside centre circle in the Leicester half Huth and Carroll come together. Huth has the free kick given against him and receives a yellow card.

For me this was totally wrong in law. Commentators suggested that Huth had challenged with both feet, but on a first and second view they're clearly on the ground. Carroll meanwhile goes over the top of the ball and stands/stamps on Huth's shins, limps away and gets the free kick himself. Harsh in the extreme, and from where I'm sat a serious error in law.

Am I in the minority here?
Clip? (Not SS/BT/BBC as it doesn't work cos I'm Stateside without a VPN!)

Wasn't wrong for me. Huth's feet were low but he has still led with both feet, and only escaped a red card because Carroll takes evasive action, which in turn leads to him landing on Huth. Sooner or later players will realise that if you tackle with both feet in front of you then you are facing serious problems.

Back