A&H

Swansea v Chelsea

Hoosier Ref

Level 7 Referee
Jist turned the game on at the end just in time to see a real cheap shot by Swansea. Easy pass back from Cahill to the gk. No chance at winning possession. Ball clearly gone and nothing close to a challenge for ball when Swansea forward Ayew blasts Cahill in the back just leveling him. Cannot believe it did not draw a YC and probably should have been RC for VC in my opinion. Did not even get a call for the foul! Shocking in my opinion. Granted there was only seconds left but it is still misconduct. Anyone else see this?

Last edited:
The Referee Store
The fact his elbow flung out straight after the contact should have been all Moss needed to know. VC written all over it.

Didn’t Moss miss the Ben Davies on Kompany recently with a clear view 5yrds away? He’s got selective vision I must admit.

I saw a replay from Moss' angle of view, and I'll be honest, from that angle, it just looks like a coming together.

The other angle, however, wow... easy VC call.

I saw a replay from Moss' angle of view, and I'll be honest, from that angle, it just looks like a coming together.

The other angle, however, wow... easy VC call.
A coming together is when two players go for the ball with a chance of getting it. Going through another player to get to the ball with full speed is a minimum yellow card no matter what angle you have.
What was the AR doing? He would have and clear square on view. Don't they use comms?

Speaking of AR calls, anyone see the one at Palace v Leicester? Huge call, correct call, but unusual for me to see in that the AR was giving something on the far side of the pitch almost! Mike Dean was nowhere near it though, rapid counter-attack etc.

A coming together is when two players go for the ball with a chance of getting it.
And that's EXACTLY what it looked like from the replay angle behind Moss. Two players going for the ball, one player coming off poorly.

Again, the other angle shown? REALLY clear that it was NOT just a "coming together".

Speaking of AR calls, anyone see the one at Palace v Leicester? Huge call, correct call, but unusual for me to see in that the AR was giving something on the far side of the pitch almost! Mike Dean was nowhere near it though, rapid counter-attack etc.

Thought this at the time, good teamwork though - AR can clearly see the foul takes place, Mike Dean is a good 30 yards behind the incident, good communication. Mike Dean even gives his AR a visible thumbs up twice - excellent optics, shows they're not just guessing but are working as a team IMO

Back