A&H

Swansea v Bolton red card

QuaverRef

I used to be indecisive but now i'm not so sure
Level 4 Referee
https://www.skysports.com/watch/vid.../bolton-wanderers/11653188/swansea-2-0-bolton

I didn’t feel comfortable with the second red card for Bolton (Video from 1:50). Wheater brings attacker down, clear DOGSO however McBurnie gets hold of the ball and runs in on goal, just before the shot is taken the referee blows the whistle and pulls it back. There’s argument that had the original foul not been made, Swansea had a quicker player with more time running in on goal, however the attack was still 40 yards out and the referee didn’t even let the striker get the shot away without pulling it back. Thoughts?

The Referee Store
Was he already on a caution? So send off either way? Ref maybe didnt want to chance it that he gets up and does another?

Disclaimer: I havent watched the vid. Just a potential thought.

Was he already on a caution? So send off either way? Ref maybe didnt want to chance it that he gets up and does another?

Disclaimer: I havent watched the vid. Just a potential thought.
Straight red. Defender wasn’t on a booking

Straight red correct for me but should have been quicker with the whistle.
Why take chances, safe refereeing would be the fk and red card.

Straight red correct for me but should have been quicker with the whistle.
Why take chances, safe refereeing would be the fk and red card.
I agree. That’s where I don’t feel comfortable, either let the play run or stop it straight away. The referee seemed to be caught in two minds and went with neither

The timing of the whistle was awful. It was either too early (goal might easily have been scored), or too late
Poor show

I sort of understand how it happened. I thought it was initially a good decision until I saw how slow McBurnie is! I wonder if a faster player got that ball if he would have stuck to his guns and played a full advantage?

Watch it again ... the white 9 is off-side

If no foul, the player who was fouled gets to the ball himself and is clean through ... because of the foul, the white 9 picks up the ball from an off-side position

I think it is very good officiating by the team

If no foul, the player who was fouled gets to the ball himself and is clean through ... because of the foul, the white 9 picks up the ball from an off-side position

If true, it is the right decision but why didn't the flag go up straight away?

Did Stuart Atwell not have a similar one few weeks ago, but yes, this appeared to be even a few more delayed seconds than his
I think imo he got the right call but lost a bit of credibility cos of the delay

Doesn’t come across well in the video but if that’s the case, it makes a lot more sense. Referee spots a good advanatage only to be advised by the assistant it’s offside, thus a red card and DOGSO. Good officiating there then!

Vid is geo coded so this is from youtube.

This half yellow half red looks awful too. Is it the new signal for an orange card?

1551667724731.png

I know he is calling for the trainer but still looks awful given it looks like its for dissent/OFFINABUS.

Vid is geo coded so this is from youtube.

This half yellow half red looks awful too. Is it the new signal for an orange card?

View attachment 3201

I know he is calling for the trainer but still looks awful given it looks like its for dissent/OFFINABUS.
If you watch this on the highlights, it's because the CR is holding both his cards in the same hand. It was a second yellow, so he had both cards out

If you watch this on the highlights, it's because the CR is holding both his cards in the same hand. It was a second yellow, so he had both cards out
Well aware of that fact. There was some sarcasm in my reference to orange card :)

The point I am making is that it looks awful and confusing. It looks like he is showing a card to number 19. The CR should put the cards in his pocket before raising his hand in the air.

Ive only seen this on work PC which is jumpy and has no sound so might be wrong on this.

Are we not play advantage here when Swansea striker is through on goal and clearly ahead of the Bolton player, if pause it at the second the player is brought down McBurnie is clean through on goal (granted hes got a bit of distance to cover) if you stop play there the fans Swansea lot are going mental.

Was the player sent off for DOGSO ?
Just touching on something said above about McBurnie being slow, does that come into consideration for DOGSO, lets say Lukaku fouled and Rashford is running onto the ball, do you say advantage as its Rashford but if its say Mata whos a lot slower blow up and give a foul ?

Ive only seen this on work PC which is jumpy and has no sound so might be wrong on this.

Are we not play advantage here when Swansea striker is through on goal and clearly ahead of the Bolton player, if pause it at the second the player is brought down McBurnie is clean through on goal (granted hes got a bit of distance to cover) if you stop play there the fans Swansea lot are going mental.

Was the player sent off for DOGSO ?
Just touching on something said above about McBurnie being slow, does that come into consideration for DOGSO, lets say Lukaku fouled and Rashford is running onto the ball, do you say advantage as its Rashford but if its say Mata whos a lot slower blow up and give a foul ?
As above, the player who runs through is in an offside position when the foul occurs so therefore no advantage can be applied.

I get that but did the assistant give the offiside or did the referee just think there was no clear advantage, if they did then correct call.

As i say not really clear on work PC.

Back