A&H

Suspension and abandonment

david c

Please can someone advise what happens in this scenario. A player (frank) gets a red card and a 3 game suspension. the next game that franks team plays is abandoned on 20 minutes because of an injury to a player (frank wasn't playing this game). does the player (frank) suspension start again and he missed the next 3 games? or does the abandoned game count and Frank misses the next 2 games. thank you

The Referee Store
Depends on comp rules. Many comp rules state abandoned games do not count towards suspensions.

However, was the game abandoned or (1)suspended. If abandoned would it get (2)replayed or (3)would there be some results recorded as it was?

Common sense for me:
1. Game should count towards the players suspension but he can not pay in the remainder of the game when t is played
2. Game should not count in the player's suspension. He will have 3 new game suspension, one of which can be the replay if played early enough.
3. Game should count towards the player's suspension.

hi, thank you for the reply. the game was abandoned, and the score/points didn't count towards the league. it has to be replayed, starting again in the first minute. so I think its (2). is there any FA document with that written down? no worries if not. thank you for the reply, very helpful that

hi, thank you for the reply. the game was abandoned, and the score/points didn't count towards the league. it has to be replayed, starting again in the first minute. so I think its (2). is there any FA document with that written down? no worries if not. thank you for the reply, very helpful that
I am as far away from England as one can be :). However I don't think you should look for it in FA documents, it would be in the documents of whatever league the game was in or possibly the county the league is under. I am not sure how the system works over there.

thank you, I will look there. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer, and hope that you enjoy the time away

thank you, I will look there. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer, and hope that you enjoy the time away
Thanks mate. I will when I do go away. At the moment I am where I should be.

In England abandoned games don't count towards suspensions.

And as a double whammy, if you are cautioned or sent off in a abandoned game those cards still count.

Back