A&H

Surrounding Referee

JAARef

Level 5 Referee
So today's game U13s, muddy pitch but perfectly playable.

Lots of scrappy challenges that I picked up and awarded a free kick where required. First half uneventful. Bring in the 2nd half. Player kicks off at a simple late challenge free kick decision. Sin bin... then 10 minutes later another scrappy challenge. Blew up for the free kick. Two lads start pushing and shoving. Then as I went over to talk to them they started to used abusive language towards each other. I sent both players off and explained to them and their managers the reasons.

After the game both managers and assiants proceed to surround me and question my decisions and say they should have been sin binned and am I sending the reports in because they will 'miss a month of football' I replied yes as that is what I must do and the questions contained.

What are peoples thoughts?

The Referee Store
From what it sounds like, there was OFFINABUS Language, and you were right to send them off. If I were you, I'd declare that managers remonstrated with you after Full Time in your match report (if I remember correctly, if they came onto the pitch for this, it's a Red Card offence). Either way, you know what you heard, and you dealt with it correctly. Good work

Thank you for your comments so far. They didn't come onto the pitch it was as I was at the side of the pitch packing up.

I was confident in my decision for Reds although they were so adiment that it was dissent I had to recheck the laws!!

Oh well, onto next week!

Thank you for your comments so far. They didn't come onto the pitch it was as I was at the side of the pitch packing up.

I was confident in my decision for Reds although they were so adiment that it was dissent I had to recheck the laws!!

Oh well, onto next week!
This could still be reported as misconduct on whole game, if you feel that it would have been a cautionable offence had you still been on the pitch. Might also be worth letting the league know.

Back