A&H

Suffolk FA Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexv

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
Hoping for a pretty urgent response:) I've just received my first appointment of the season and was hoping for some information regarding the alternative colour(s) for Suffolk for this season (this is my first game under Suffolk FA and not Norfolk). I know that last year was just the berry kit, but I wondered if that has changed with the release of the 2018 kits.

Last edited:
The Referee Store
This might help you out
Use of Alternative Coloured Referee Shirts

From the 2018/19 season, all Youth and Adult Leagues sanctioned by Suffolk FA have agreed to the use of alternative coloured referee shirts including within County Cup competitions. This does not include the Thurlow Nunn League (Premier, First, Reserve or Youth) or within FA Competitions however which are sanctioned by The Football Association.

(M) Subject to the agreement of the Sanctioning Authority as an alternative to wearing black shirts, referees and assistant referees may wear coloured shirts provided that:
(i) the alternative shirts must be plain and almost entirely coloured;
(ii) where neutral assistant referees are appointed by the Competition, the colour of the alternative shirts worn by the referee and assistant referees must be the same in a given match;
(iii) the referee and assistant referees must revert to wearing black shirts in circumstances where their alternative coloured shirts clash with the shirts of either Club in a given match;
(iv) Referee and assistant referees’ socks and shorts must be black, save that sock-tops may be black, white or the colour of the shirt or its collar.

To clarify, the primary shirt colour of a referee remains as black and referees are expected to wear the primary colour when practical However, where a team kit may be considered to be close to that of the referee and on permitted leagues, a referee may wear an alternative colour of their choice. Should the referee not have an alternative colour shirt, the referee will remain in black. A referee must not request that a club alter their team colours so that he/she may wear an alternative coloured shirt. Where officials operate as a team of three – match officials must all wear the same colour. Should this not be possible, the whole team of officials must revert to black.
Should you wish to purchase an alternative coloured shirt, our preferred supplier is Total Football, Ipswich who are offering Suffolk Referees 25% of the RRP. To access the club shop, please click here. Please note that there is no requirement to purchase an alternative coloured shirt.

If you have any questions on the above information, please don’t hesitate to contact a member of the team. We look forward to seeing you throughout the season and wish you all the very best for a successful campaign.

Suffolk FA Referees’ Department

Suffolk County FA, The Buntings, Stowmarket, Suffolk, IP14 5GZ
Office: 01449 616606 (Option 4) | Email: Referees@SuffolkFA.com
This was sent out on the 30th of August. So you do not have to use the berry shirt. If you clash in your black and alternative you have to revert back to black I think, but that might just be the SIL. Which league are you covering?

This might help you out
Use of Alternative Coloured Referee Shirts

From the 2018/19 season, all Youth and Adult Leagues sanctioned by Suffolk FA have agreed to the use of alternative coloured referee shirts including within County Cup competitions. This does not include the Thurlow Nunn League (Premier, First, Reserve or Youth) or within FA Competitions however which are sanctioned by The Football Association.

(M) Subject to the agreement of the Sanctioning Authority as an alternative to wearing black shirts, referees and assistant referees may wear coloured shirts provided that:
(i) the alternative shirts must be plain and almost entirely coloured;
(ii) where neutral assistant referees are appointed by the Competition, the colour of the alternative shirts worn by the referee and assistant referees must be the same in a given match;
(iii) the referee and assistant referees must revert to wearing black shirts in circumstances where their alternative coloured shirts clash with the shirts of either Club in a given match;
(iv) Referee and assistant referees’ socks and shorts must be black, save that sock-tops may be black, white or the colour of the shirt or its collar.

To clarify, the primary shirt colour of a referee remains as black and referees are expected to wear the primary colour when practical However, where a team kit may be considered to be close to that of the referee and on permitted leagues, a referee may wear an alternative colour of their choice. Should the referee not have an alternative colour shirt, the referee will remain in black. A referee must not request that a club alter their team colours so that he/she may wear an alternative coloured shirt. Where officials operate as a team of three – match officials must all wear the same colour. Should this not be possible, the whole team of officials must revert to black.
Should you wish to purchase an alternative coloured shirt, our preferred supplier is Total Football, Ipswich who are offering Suffolk Referees 25% of the RRP. To access the club shop, please click here. Please note that there is no requirement to purchase an alternative coloured shirt.

If you have any questions on the above information, please don’t hesitate to contact a member of the team. We look forward to seeing you throughout the season and wish you all the very best for a successful campaign.

Suffolk FA Referees’ Department

Suffolk County FA, The Buntings, Stowmarket, Suffolk, IP14 5GZ
Office: 01449 616606 (Option 4) | Email: Referees@SuffolkFA.com
This was sent out on the 30th of August. So you do not have to use the berry shirt. If you clash in your black and alternative you have to revert back to black I think, but that might just be the SIL. Which league are you covering?
Thank you so much. I’m on the Thurlow Nunn Youth League which covers Cambridge, Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, etc, so obviously just black for those games. I believe I’m also on the Ipswich & Suffolk League (I think that’s what it’s called) and one called ‘WAYS’, but I had never heard of WAYS until I got the email asking me to accept it. I know that in my Norfolk leagues, it’s all black

WAYS league is one of the easiest leagues you will ref in. Its about development and respect. At younger age groups there are some special rules but check with the coaches. One of them is if a team is losing by more than 4 goals the losing team can bring on an extra player until the losing team scores one. Also the retreat rule is enforced but I can not remember at what age it stops, again check with the coaches they will point you in the right direction. The Ipswich and suffolk league is a lot more competitive and therefore parents are nosier kids are lippy and coaches louder but there are no nightmare teams or coaches in that league I have found. Might see you on the Thurlow Nunn League as I guess you are close to the suffolk/Norfolk border.

WAYS league is one of the easiest leagues you will ref in. Its about development and respect. At younger age groups there are some special rules but check with the coaches. One of them is if a team is losing by more than 4 goals the losing team can bring on an extra player until the losing team scores one. Also the retreat rule is enforced but I can not remember at what age it stops, again check with the coaches they will point you in the right direction. The Ipswich and suffolk league is a lot more competitive and therefore parents are nosier kids are lippy and coaches louder but there are no nightmare teams or coaches in that league I have found. Might see you on the Thurlow Nunn League as I guess you are close to the suffolk/Norfolk border.
I literally live on the Norfolk/Suffolk border! I’m hoping to get some Norwich games at Colney this season after this weekend too. I just need to do the last of my 5 ‘training’ games.

The WAYS league is a good learning ground. A tip for your exam use areferee.com as well as the handbook. You will be very prepared. I have done academy games in Ipswich and they are a good standard with great facilities.

The WAYS league is a good learning ground. A tip for your exam use areferee.com as well as the handbook. You will be very prepared. I have done academy games in Ipswich and they are a good standard with great facilities.
I passed that with just 1 wrong about a month ago and that site was really good. I’ve heard academy games are great and parents aren’t as vocal; any truth?

Any poor behaivour by parents can lead to the kids being asked to leave so they are not critical or abusive but shout encouragemnet.

Any poor behaivour by parents can lead to the kids being asked to leave so they are not critical or abusive but shout encouragemnet.
That’s really good, would be great to see that at the lower levels where the ‘Respect’ campaign is pretty much entirely ignored by some parents

Thank you so much. I’m on the Thurlow Nunn Youth League which covers Cambridge, Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, etc, so obviously just black for those games. I believe I’m also on the Ipswich & Suffolk League (I think that’s what it’s called) and one called ‘WAYS’, but I had never heard of WAYS until I got the email asking me to accept it. I know that in my Norfolk leagues, it’s all black

Hello fellow EA refs! I’m in Norfolk and you can use colours here. I’ve got a fetching orange one on the way 😂 see you guys around the leagues I am sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back