A&H

Substitute OFFINABUS

The Referee Store
RC and IDFK where the referee was at the time as the object of the tirade.
Throwing of an object isn't the same as dissent/OFFINABUS.

Throwing? FK occurs at the point of the target.

Dissent/OFFINABUS? FK occurs at the point of the person committing the offence.

So, once you've identified the offender and dismissed him (I don't disagree with this point), you award a IDFK. And said free kick will be in front of a rather heated, angry technical area to which you expect an opposition player too venture. I bet the referee doesn't go too close!
There's a lot of fun to be had there.

Throwing of an object isn't the same as dissent/OFFINABUS.

Throwing? FK occurs at the point of the target.

Dissent/OFFINABUS? FK occurs at the point of the person committing the offence.
OK so your answer is... what... exactly?

My point was that, in this case, it makes more sense to have the IDFK at the location of the official. Open to ideas though...

Hi
The IDFK takes places from where the offence takes place not the location of the referee. Dissent is at the location of the offender not the referee.
Therein is the change in that in the past an IDFK was taken from either the location of the offence or the location of the ball when play was stopped. In the past the restart would have been where the ball was when the sub offended. Now the change moves the restart to the boundary line closest to where the offence took place which here has to be in front of the TA.
"" play is restarted with a free kick on the boundary line nearest to where the offence/interference occurred; a penalty kick is awarded if this is a direct free kick offence within the offender’s penalty area.""

I totally withdraw my previous answers as the new 2017-18 LotG have been clearly edited for this:

"
If, when the ball is in play:
•• a player commits an offence against a match official or an opposing player,
substitute, substituted or sent off player, or team official
outside the field
of play or
•• a substitute, substituted or sent off player, or team official commits an
offence against, or interferes with, an opposing player or match official
outside the field of play,
play is restarted with a free kick on the boundary line nearest to where the
offence/interference occurred; a penalty kick is awarded if this is a direct free
kick offence within the offender’s penalty area.
"

All the underlined is new for 2017-18 AFAIK.
:)

I totally withdraw my previous answers as the new 2017-18 LotG have been clearly edited for this:

"
If, when the ball is in play:
•• a player commits an offence against a match official or an opposing player,
substitute, substituted or sent off player, or team official
outside the field
of play or
•• a substitute, substituted or sent off player, or team official commits an
offence against, or interferes with, an opposing player or match official
outside the field of play,
play is restarted with a free kick on the boundary line nearest to where the
offence/interference occurred; a penalty kick is awarded if this is a direct free
kick offence within the offender’s penalty area.
"

All the underlined is new for 2017-18 AFAIK.
:)
Must be some missing context because that reads to me as though a substitute, substituted or sent off player, or team officials can commit an offence against an opposing substitute, substituted or sent off player, or team official and their own team! In other words, the technical areas are free to abuse each other as they see fit, just don't abuse anyone on the pitch.

Hi Yampy
The answer to your question is that substitutes and substituted player can be sent off for violent conduct as per Law12. They can be sanctioned for all 7 sending off offences. As the misconduct has no effect on the game or the field of play the referee can wait until the next stoppage to issue the red card/s. If he stops the game to deal with this the restart is a dropped ball. There is a subtle but important difference between offences that involve the FOP and those that do not
The small print in the advice says
""This Law does not apply for offences between substitutes or team official – it is only for an offence by or against one of the players.""

Back