A&H

Suarez

James_claytor

Level 5 Referee
Dive or not?

My opinion is biased as I happen to be a massive villa fan! I thought dive. No blame on referee though, they'd all give it. And at first look I would have also

The Referee Store
Waiting to see it on Motd. Will report back then

Real time I thought penalty. After the million replays I'm not so sure. Can see why it was given

Suarez was going down before anything like contact was made, Guzan made it easy by jumping in though. I hate it as I know he's played for the penalty but I would have probably given it if it had been me.

Suarez makes contact with the gk by just "dangling a leg". Suarez has over played the ball to a impossible angle which is why. Gk made it easy for him though. However end of the day it was a dive.

There was contact so it was a penalty, and there was one camera angle from the other end of the ground which showed Moss's view and from there it looked clear cut.

I fully understand why Moss gave it from his angle it looked a certain penalty but the angle behind the goal for me shows Suarez forces the "contact" by leaving a leg... No penalty

Southend-ref... 'there was contact so it was a penalty' come on now, contact does not mean foul. I poke you on the shoulder in the area, you fall over. You tell me, is that a penalty? Course not. Can not agree with people who say its a penalty, but just my opinion. I also thought match of the day pundits made themselves look like idiots with how they tried to justify it, due to what they said

Back