A&H

Stupid things spectators say #871

Matthew

RefChat Addict
Reffed a nice easy U12 9v9 game last night. Not great quality football but nothing really to note (for once).

Just for some context, pitch backs onto a 40mph main road, sheltered only by a small slope and a few trees. Anyway, the ball was cleared and proceeded to roll down the hill and into the road, quickly followed by one of the away parents. Whilst stood in the middle of the road, his only though was to look back and scream "you best be adding this on ref?" :eek:

Stood in the MIDDLE of a main road, yet his only concern was that the time was being added on....:rolleyes:

The Referee Store
Reffed a nice easy U12 9v9 game last night. Not great quality football but nothing really to note (for once).

Just for some context, pitch backs onto a 40mph main road, sheltered only by a small slope and a few trees. Anyway, the ball was cleared and proceeded to roll down the hill and into the road, quickly followed by one of the away parents. Whilst stood in the middle of the road, his only though was to look back and scream "you best be adding this on ref?" :eek:

Stood in the MIDDLE of a main road, yet his only concern was that the time was being added on....:rolleyes:

Not the kind of last words you want to be remembered for!

This is one of my favourite stories on here of recent times.

I had something similar a couple of weeks ago.

Last minute, ball goes out for a throw and while player retrieves it some clown at the side pipes up 'don't forget to add on time for injury and substitutions'.

There had been neither. The polite thing to do would have perhaps been to smile and nod.

But I couldn't resist such a golden opportunity.

'Will do pal: 0 minutes and 0 seconds noted' with a big thumbs up in the general direction of the shout.

God, 'Dave' (whoever he was) got some pi$$ taking.

This is one of my favourite stories on here of recent times.

I had something similar a couple of weeks ago.

Last minute, ball goes out for a throw and while player retrieves it some clown at the side pipes up 'don't forget to add on time for injury and substitutions'.

There had been neither. The polite thing to do would have perhaps been to smile and nod.

But I couldn't resist such a golden opportunity.

'Will do pal: 0 minutes and 0 seconds noted' with a big thumbs up in the general direction of the shout.

God, 'Dave' (whoever he was) got some pi$$ taking.

Love that! I know we're not supposed to get involved, but sometimes an opportunity that is too good to turn down presents itself! :D

Back