A&H

Stupid Things Players Say

Tino Best

RefChat Addict
Level 6 Referee
yellow pulls pinks shirt. I whistle. I didn't foul him ref. Yes you did you pulled his shirt foul all day long. Pulling a shirt isn't a foul ref. Large sigh from me.

The Referee Store
Not so much stupid but funny. Yesterday's county cup game was played on a pitch with a stream running down one side. I lost count of the number of times the ball went in. To be fair, the home club had plenty of spare balls.
Anyway, 85th minute the ball was rolling towards the stream and just before it went in rolled right past a lady standing behind the barrier who could easily have stopped it. No, she let it go in the stream. I said to the player standing next to me"is someone going getting the ball?" To which he replied "she let it go in, she can fookin get it!" Bizarrely, she did!

"You can't give him a red card for calling the linesman a f*****g cheat. it should be a yellow card - you can only give a red card if he punches someone in the face"
team mates reaction to me showing a red card.

*15 Minutes left*
Blue Player: How long left ref?
Me: 15 + Stoppage

*5 Minutes left*
Same Blue Player: How long to go?
Me: 5 + Stoppage
Blue Player: WHAT?!?! YOU SAID THERE WAS 15, 10 MINUTES AGO! HOW?
Me: :wall::wall::wall:

My favourite from last season was when a player argued that a keeper was allowed to pick up a back pass if the ball had been volleyed to him by his team mate. It is so crazy that it plays on your find and you get a strange worry that perhaps it is correct!

Back