A&H

Struggling for Observation Games

Nathan_96

Level 7 Referee
Hi, been looking for any advice as to how I can get more games observed, currently on level 7. Passed the exam and will have the required games just need the 3 observations. I ref 2 games every Saturday but only kids and then have reffed every Sunday in mens football, I can’t seem to get any contact about observation games. Don’t want to waste another year of no progression as I feel I’m falling behind already.
Hope someone can offer some support, thank you!

The Referee Store
Hi, been looking for any advice as to how I can get more games observed, currently on level 7. Passed the exam and will have the required games just need the 3 observations. I ref 2 games every Saturday but only kids and then have reffed every Sunday in mens football, I can’t seem to get any contact about observation games. Don’t want to waste another year of no progression as I feel I’m falling behind already.
You should have an observer Co-ordinator. You need to send him all of your games so he knows where you are.

Could you maybe so some Saturday OA games?

Yup, definitely agree that if you want promotion, you need to be thinking about stepping up to doing mainly open age football - that's the kind of football you'll be expected to work on once you are a higher level, so it's reasonable to assume they'll want to observe you on it before promoting you. And as James points out, you need to bring this up with your promotion coordinator or RDO ASAP, as you want to give them as much opportunity as possible to find you an observer.

Are you actually a member of your CFAs promotion scheme? As if so you should have details of how you submit games for observation, who your observation coordinator is, etc. If you aren't sure get in contact with your RDO.

Thanks for the replies guys! I will try pick up some more open age games on the Saturdays, if possible. Bit awkward as I work nights and just doing the kids games on Saturdays allows me to get back to bed for 4-5 hours before work. I do submit my games into the observation forms I received on email from my RDO but never hear anything back so doesn’t seem like anything’s happening on that front, probably more a feeling of falling behind that worry’s me.

Had this problem when I went for promotion.

Keep filling in the form you were sent and keep trying to contact your RDO. If they haven't been responding to you so far I would at the very least email them asking them to confirm they are getting your fixtures.

As others have said, contact your RDO to ask whether you are on the promotion scheme, and if so whether observations are planned.
Most counties ask for a deposit pre-seaon from those going for promotion - did you receive a request for that? Does your CFA have a fitness test for 7 to 6? If so, have you done it? Have you attended a workshop for 7>6 candidates? If you have done all of that, and the requisite number of open age games this season, insist on a reply about observations now there are only a few Saturdays left this season

Back