A&H

Straight Red

The Referee Store
Post game admin is soooooooooooooo much easier with Whole Game.
You won't find me applauding the FA much, but they hit the nail on the head with this one.
Takes literally 120 seconds to complete your admin. Not having to write a story for S7 is great as well.

Last edited:
It depends on the game.

For the armed forces, I can get away with asking for service number (You would be amazed at how many John Smith's there are!) before dismissing, because I already have their names on the teamsheet. Bit unpersonal, but players know that I can confirm whether they've provided false information to me or not - their managers warn them (Likewise, other referees will ask me to confirm their service number as well).

For regular football, I will clock their shirt number and ask them their surname, then let them know they're being sent off. I'm a fairly broad fella, so players generally have to think twice before thinking about trying anything physical.

Was fortunate enough that I had a game where Teamsheets with correct numbers were provided. The no 14 Red produced a shocking 2 footed knee high scissor tackle and due to the fact I had teamsheets I was able to whip out the red quickly to avoid confrontations between the teams

What's this 'asking for the name?' nonsense? :p
In Australia we always have a teamsheet. Just get the number and match it up later. If they provided incorrect name on the sheet that's not our problem - penalties are severe enough to discourage anyway.
Only time I have to get the name is Futsal, which is always a delight - you only get the chance to do that after the game, and players show far, far less respect to the referee than in outdoor.

Back