A&H

Steinhaus-Webb leaves DFB for PGMOL

inbound3383225245137148187.jpg

Steinhaus-Webb leaves DFB for PGMOL​

Former Bundesliga referee Bibiana Steinhaus-Webb is leaving the German Football Association and will work in England in the future. Accordingly, the 42-year-old will no longer be used as a video assistant in Germany. In the homeland of her husband Howard Webb, she will take on a special area of responsibility at the Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL), as Women’s Select Group Director, overseeing referees in the Women’s Super League and Championship. “With the current framework conditions, women’s football in England sets completely new standards. I am looking forward to the great opportunity to share my diverse experiences as a referee with the referees in England and to support them to reach their full potential and to implement resilient structures within the association for optimal development”, said Steinhaus-Webb. She got full support from Lutz Michael Fröhlich, Sporting Director of the German Elite Referees: "This is a great challenge for Bibiana and it will be a new milestone in her career in football. We will stay in touch and continue the trusting exchange. I am very happy for her and for the further cooperation with her and with the colleagues at PGMOL."

Bibiana Steinhaus-Webb was the first woman in the Bundesliga to lead a total of 23 games in the top German division from 2017 to 2020. In autumn 2020 she ended her national and international career as a referee on the pitch. Her sporting successes include seven titles as Referee of the Year, participation in three Women's European Championships (2009 in Finland, 2013 in Sweden and 2017 in the Netherlands) and three Women's World Cups (2011 in Germany, 2015 in Canada, 2019 in France) . Most recently, Steinhaus-Webb worked as a video assistant at the final of the women's Olympic football tournament. For Steinhaus-Webb, Tokyo 2020 was the second Olympic final. In 2012, the 42-year-old refereed the gold medal match in London.

Source: DFB

The Referee Store
Back