A&H

Stefan Schwab tackle

The Referee Store
Bear with me; I'm coming from left field on this one...

This is a superb video from a training perspective in terms of challenge recognition. What's the first thing you imagine when you think of a two-footed challenge? I doubt very much its this type of perpendicular to the ground/ very low pro-wrestling dropkick challenge; moreover a "potential leg breaker" type lunge or stamp?

That's what makes this so good. Its a perfect example of a challenge being used to intimidate an opponent, and make him/her not challenge for the ball. Take away the red and white player for a moment and you have an illustration in point of why not every 2-footer is necessarily a red card.

In the event of course the intimidation failed and I hope(!) he was sent off after the contact with the opponent.

Anyone want to manage that situation after such a tackle rather than head to the back pocket? :p

Come on, own up!!

How do you even try to manage something like that... if it was me, straight to car park or team bus, never mind showers....

In all seriousness...

IMO he made a genuine attempt to play the ball and as '2 footed' isn't in the rules I think I can manage the situation. I'll tell his gaffer to sub him and give the free kick... Yellow card for the other bloke to o with his boots, but I probably won't put that in

In all seriousness...

IMO he made a genuine attempt to play the ball and as '2 footed' isn't in the rules I think I can manage the situation. I'll tell his gaffer to sub him and give the free kick... Yellow card for the other bloke to o with his boots, but I probably won't put that in

I really cannot work out if this is sarcastic or not...

Back