A&H

Steel City Derby

The Referee Store
Couldn't have argued if a penalty had been given.

Challenge by Dowell on Hutchinson was at minimum reckless, luckily it didn't cause a head on head clash as that would have been very serious at the speed he came in.

It wasn’t the best game, fair result I suppose, nothing much to discuss apart from the pen and why didn’t Sharp get booked for PI?

I had to google, yes its he
I remember reading his dad after Falkirk got sent off as a about to be used sub for having a go at the lino and never heard of him after that. Says he played 4 times for Falkirk, surprising, I would have said double figures.

Pretty impressive performance by Peter Bankes, managed what is often a fiery game without needing to use cards.

Only real question would be potential penalty for foul by Hector on Madine, but I'm not sure VAR would turn that around. Potential missed cautions for fouls by Dowell on Hutchinson and Sharp on Westwood, but overall I thought he was very good.

Someone jokingly said I had red and white goggles on a few weeks ago, I think tonight proves that I can watch a game objectively, with my referee eyes, and say what I see.... Well done Wednesday, probably had the best chance but it fell to the wrong bloke!!

ref did well as @RustyRef said,,,, one for the future maybe, ! don't know his age!!

Pretty impressive performance by Peter Bankes, managed what is often a fiery game without needing to use cards.

Only real question would be potential penalty for foul by Hector on Madine, but I'm not sure VAR would turn that around. Potential missed cautions for fouls by Dowell on Hutchinson and Sharp on Westwood, but overall I thought he was very good.
Pretty much this really. He had a game plan and he executed it, well.
Probably was a penalty. Say probably, it should have been had ref spotted it Bit stupid of Hector really. Also thought Palmer did well to escape a caution too from a wednesday point of view for a challenge early in second half.

The ref was the only part of the match worth watching. He was calm and considered throughout the match which is more than can be said about the players and managers who spent 90 mins screaming, shouting and running around frantically without achieving anything. I've watched 2 matches this weekend. Both were big derbies and both were dreadful affairs, devoid of quality.

On the contrary, Atkinson and Bankes were very good indeed. Looked like they were worthy of the occasion unlike most of the players :/

Back