A&H

Star Sixes Sky Sports

bester

RefChat Addict
Doesn’t seem to have the buzz the masters tournament used to have.

Two referees one each side, haven’t seen either break out into an amble yet. Looks like the officials have been picked out of the crowd.

The Referee Store
The Masters tournament was discontinued because people didn’t watch it enough for it to make money. It is nostalgia that places it as a good thing in people’s minds. This new format is going to fail eventually because football does not need alterations in its current form to be a viewing spectacle.

Owen the Liverpool hero who is an Everton fan who is down in legend as scoring one of the iconic Man Utd winning goals of all time, (well in Sky Sports era)

Last edited:
Fully agree, the game is not what it used to be and the money is disgusting, but there is no going back. Still the best game around by far!

Fully agree, the game is not what it used to be and the money is disgusting, but there is no going back. Still the best game around by far!

I think when City won it, that was it, full circle, the £££££ had won. And I don't mean that as disrespect to City, it could have been anybody and yes I know Chelsea and Blackburn (least they bought UK players with a life long fans cash) splashed the cash but for City to go from being the countries biggest football joke to winners was too far.

I'm still undecided. McAteer definitely had to go. The Owen "kick-out/lunge" though easily visible to us all via replay after replay was done as part and parcel of him falling to the ground as he was being fouled and so I can understand the referee being fooled by it.
Not nice to see McAteer attempt to snatch the red out of the referee's hand before he flounced off either.

I'm still undecided. McAteer definitely had to go. The Owen "kick-out/lunge" though easily visible to us all via replay after replay was done as part and parcel of him falling to the ground as he was being fouled and so I can understand the referee being fooled by it.
Not nice to see McAteer attempt to snatch the red out of the referee's hand before he flounced off either.
Both should have gone. I think there are two referees in this form of the game so it should have been seen with good teamwork on a small pitch!

Back