A&H

Spuds v Soton

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
Was Kane offside for the Alli goal??

Great game and could have been a few more goals in this one!!

The Referee Store
No, he wasn't. Desperate appeal from Fraser Forster but more in hope than expectation.

As you say, great game and overall very nicely reffed by Graham Scott. Probably should have given Son a penalty but tough to see from his angle and more broadly he contributed nicely to the spectacle ... even at the end when giving Kane the match ball!

Kane is decent, it's a shame he couldn't do it on a cold Tuesday night last January at Bramall Lane!!! Bloody Ericson could though, bugger!!!! :devil::)

You'd instead need a screen shot from when the ball was actually kicked. AND another one to show he was actually closer to goal than the second last defender. IMO, (from what I can recall) neither of these would support the case he was offside :)

You'd instead need a screen shot from when the ball was actually kicked. AND another one to show he was actually closer to goal than the second last defender. IMO, (from what I can recall) neither of these would support the case he was offside :)
Don't forget that he'd need to be clearly in the Line of Sight of the GK... this is the box he might tick of the three... :D

There’s an angle from behind the goal showing him level with a defender further across the penalty area (out of shot to the right of the still posted above) when the ball is originally played

Yeah, he's not actually in an offside position - I think you'd have an interesting discussion about if he's interfering if he were though.

Yeh, seen another video now and its close but not offside at the point of the shot, I watched it at match speed and it wasn't so obvious.
Great decision but as @GraemeS said it would be a good debate for interference / eye line and all that!!

Yeh, seen another video now and its close but not offside at the point of the shot, I watched it at match speed and it wasn't so obvious.
Great decision but as @GraemeS said it would be a good debate for interference / eye line and all that!!
"Eyeline"? When were you ever in such a position............? You guessed just like I did!.........

Back