A&H

Sporting Lisbon x Gil Vicente

A&H International
No pen for me. Keeper caught ball first and dropped it in attempt to avoid collision. Those stills are misleading. How about this

Screenshot_20220502-151347.jpg

@Murri O
But for @one 's helpful still (which seems to indicate this should be a FK to the keeper), I'd go penalty on this one

Assuming he is not in control and he has merely patted the ball away, careless charge regardless of whether he's tipped the ball away or not. Could have avoided the full on flush contact but instead chose to go the shoulder charge.

I don’t see how that can be an offence by the GK. He gets to the ball first and he is not acting carelessly. The striker comes charging in, late for the ball, and bounces off the GK.

If the GK wasn’t such a rock it would be an easy DFK to the GK I think (watching on mobile).

Yeah, now I've seen the video I'm definitely of the view the GK didn't commit an offence here. Did he 100% have control of the ball so that we can give the defensive FK, I'm not so sure, but PK is definitely wrong.

Yeah, now I've seen the video I'm definitely of the view the GK didn't commit an offence here. Did he 100% have control of the ball so that we can give the defensive FK, I'm not so sure, but PK is definitely wrong.
Do you need control of the ball to be fouled? Is it in the 22-23 law changes?

;)

Do you need control of the ball to be fouled? Is it in the 22-23 law changes?

;)
I'm not necessarily calling that as foul contact anywhere else on the pitch. So I'm considering if we should award an IFK based on the phrase "A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hands" - in which case, "control" would seem to be relevant...

;)

Does someone have to have control of the ball to be fouled?

Does someone have to have control of the ball to be fouled?
2 posts up from yours:
I'm not necessarily calling that as foul contact anywhere else on the pitch. So I'm considering if we should award an IFK based on the phrase "A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hands" - in which case, "control" would seem to be relevant...

;)

You're not calling it as foul contact when a player arrives late and clatters his opponent after the ball is played away?
Apologies, you're actually asking the opposite question to what I thought!

There's a problem with phrasing questions like you have here, in that of course "clattering an opponent" is a foul (again, who cares where the ball is for that kind of foul?). But I don't see that as an accurate description - the first and only significant contact here is between the GK's outstretched arms and the attacker's upper body. The amount of force used by the attacker is reasonable and directed 100% at the ball, so I'm only pinging him for a foul if he's disrupting established GK's control of the ball, and the amount of force used by the GK is fully in line with what is usually accepted for GK's who are trying to claim a ball.

So we've established that "clattered" isn't an appropriate use of words here, in my view at least. And as for "after the ball is played away" - again, that's a wild misreading of the situation. It's akin to going "well wouldn't you send someone off for using 2 feet at that height?" Well yes - but that's not really relevant to the actual clip here.

Back