A&H

Spintso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dommer OFK

I know that Martyn has been interested in the device I mentioned in the Intros part - reminded me that I did an article for our local Society Magazine about when I took a trip to visit the company's head office in Sweden to pick up a pack.

168378_10150133699389434_571159433_7792749_6409891_n.jpg 168945_10150133699534434_571159433_7792753_349205_n.jpg 182488_10150133699669434_571159433_7792758_7433245_n.jpg

The Referee Store
As excellent as this looks......will only really be worth the considerable outlay if you regularly officiate on a league that uses team sheets. For the vast majority of grass roots referees this would simply be an expensive watch.

Also, are there are any plans to offer a discount to full RA-FA members?

Looks a bit complicated, does it come bit a big price tag as well? if it was responably priced may consider using one..

Looks a bit complicated, does it come bit a big price tag as well? if it was responably priced may consider using one..

Once you get to learn how it works fully (which isn't too hard) it saves a lot of time doing the on field admin (it now takes me 2 seconds to log a goal and 5 seconds to record a caution) - also it's extremely helpful on a very cold day when your handwriting could resemble that of a doctor (I get affected especially as the cold gets into my hands very easily - resulting at times with me not actually being able to grip a pencil).

It's an absolutely brilliant idea if you have access to a computerised game management system such as we have in Sweden and Norway (they're looking at integrating with the FA Full-Time system) - and if that isn't the case I've coded an Excel sheet that you input both full teamsheets into - and it creates the file you load into the system pre-match. What I do when I don't have team sheets (on a Sunday morning for example) is just log both teams shirt numbers pre-match, and then either use the sound recording function to take names if I need to caution, or you can type them in manually.

I'm sure it'll come down in price as it's only just started to be sold publicly so cost would be high intially. Also I'm sure the price would come down if they decide to sell it over in the UK as it's classed as a "Work Tool" in Sweden and subject to a rebate on the Tax from the Govt there. And they do offer a "Pay Monthly" thing of £20 a month in Sweden - one match fee a month for a season and a half isn't that bad imo.

And finally - an example of it's use in a game-situation:

Chalk up another positive for the Spintso. Used it as an Assistant on an MFA game in England last week where the final score was 10-0. I got a phone call from the referee a couple of days later, telling me that the League had been in touch with him regarding a substitute who had scored a hat-trick very quickly, and it may be a new League record - and they wanted clarification of the times of the three goals.

I simply called up the Electronic Report generated by the Spintso - and I was able to confirm the times of the three goals accurately due to the unit recording the times electronically - 65th, 69th and 74th minutes.

And the results as posted on the League website: http://midlandfootballalliance.pitchero.com/almost-an-mfa-hat-trick-record-4483/

Actually got to see the device in the flesh, so to speak, yesterday.

Thanks to Dommer for the impromptu mini demonstration.....hope you're feeling better.

Padfoot said:
Actually got to see the device in the flesh, so to speak, yesterday.

Thanks to Dommer for the impromptu mini demonstration.....hope you're feeling better.

Got through my game this morning with no problems and came off with both teams thanking me for an excellent performance.

Hope you found the demo informative and useful

Got through my game this morning with no problems and came off with both teams thanking me for an excellent performance.

Hope you found the demo informative and useful

I did thanks.

To answer Glenn....i was mighty impressed with it. I still have the opinion that it is best suited for ref's operating at a higher level than Sunday parks football, but it could be used for that with little problems. Obviously having a team sheet makes it a lot easier.....but not having one doesn't render it pointless, just means a little extra work post game.

I firmly believe that if it can impress the right people, it could represent a step change in refereeing in this country.

I did thanks.

To answer Glenn....i was mighty impressed with it. I still have the opinion that it is best suited for ref's operating at a higher level than Sunday parks football, but it could be used for that with little problems. Obviously having a team sheet makes it a lot easier.....but not having one doesn't render it pointless, just means a little extra work post game.

I firmly believe that if it can impress the right people, it could represent a step change in refereeing in this country.

If they enforced all games required team sheets, I think something like this would become very popular across the country

If they enforced all games required team sheets, I think something like this would become very popular across the country

Doubt that will ever happen.

Every year on the OA league i ref on, it is put forward that we have teams sheets....every year the clubs vote it down.

For example, this mornings match.....the sheet wasn't even started until after the match!

Personally, i think the league committee needs to grow a pair of...well you know, and put their foot down. I guess the problem is that they are afraid of losing teams if they create too much "admin"!

Doubt that will ever happen.

Every year on the OA league i ref on, it is put forward that we have teams sheets....every year the clubs vote it down.

For example, this mornings match.....the sheet wasn't even started until after the match!

Personally, i think the league committee needs to grow a pair of...well you know, and put their foot down. I guess the problem is that they are afraid of losing teams if they create too much "admin"!

See, I cant see why they are so fussed about giving a list of names at the start of a match, it takes all of 2 minutes to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back