A&H

Spain V Germany

A&H International
Feel like he's missed a caution for kroos...potentially another one for the 'stamp/landing' on pedris foot
Definitely missed a caution on the Kroos foul (or didn't decide to give one because "it's still early"). The second one is probably also one, but less obvious than the first one for me. Pedri subbed off, and I am curious to see how that impacts Taylor's match management.

I get it's a major tournament quarterfinal and Kroos is a star player, but you have to get that caution in my opinion. Derek Rae on the US commentary already making mentions of a "robust" (his words) start on the broadcast.

EDIT - Taylor has given the very stern "that's it, no more" bollocking to a player on both teams and now the card comes out to Rudiger. So if we've seen the bar for cautions now, Taylor at least was consistent if lenient early.

The pedri one is a modern/expected yellow I think.

Finally have one now for rudiger after another potentially generous decision against Williams

Taylor taking a non league approach to the opening minutes. Hopefully doesn't turn into Webb '10 but the cards are out now.

The pedri one is a modern/expected yellow I think.

Finally have one now for rudiger after another potentially generous decision against Williams
I think he doesn't give the Williams one because a) he hasn't seen it, 4th gave it and b) I don't think it really was one.

Taylor and his senior AR just pretty much crossed over. AR gave a throw to Germany and Taylor put his arm halfway up to Spain, so some players for Spain stopped whilst Germany took a quick throw.

I dont think the hand/arm is far enough away from the body so he's not "unnaturally bigger" even under UEFA guidance

I must be seeing this totally different. The hand is quite close to the body here, all the others it has been someway away, extended out, even if we have expected it to be, this one is a clear no pen under whatever guidance, no?

I must be seeing this totally different. The hand is quite close to the body here, all the others it has been someway away, extended out, even if we have expected it to be, this one is a clear no pen under whatever guidance, no?
Sounds like half the pens that are given tbh

I don't want it to be one. But that scenario often results in a pen

I thought it would be given on review, arm away but moving towards the body rather than away so can see why it wasn't given. Did surprise me it wasn't given though.

Back