A&H

Spain/Croatia (Oliver)

This law is getting more and more and confusing.

We now have challenging an opponent to throw into the mix as well.

Last two years easy red.

Is it now at the stage were you're not giving any red card for dogso as well as a penalty unless its handball or someone has been dragged, push or pulled to the ground.

A&H International
Is it now at the stage were you're not giving any red card for dogso as well as a penalty unless its handball or someone has been dragged, push or pulled to the ground.
And from this season that needs to be a deliberate handball offence, not one for making yourself unnaturally bigger

Whether it's right or wrong, the general practice that unless it's 100% absolutely not a challenge/attempt to play the ball, the referees are going to issue a caution. I also agree that UEFA will support a caution in this case.

And from this season that needs to be a deliberate handball offence, not one for making yourself unnaturally bigger
Making yourself unnaturally bigger is deliberate though.

That's the whole point of the caveat.

Not as the law is worded, as you well know, and I wasn’t going to quote the who damn bullet point from Law 12!

The point being, for DOGSO red handball where a penalty is awarded you now have to be penalising under the first bullet point of handball offence and not the second!

Not as the law is worded, as you well know, and I wasn’t going to quote the who damn bullet point from Law 12!

The point being, for DOGSO red handball where a penalty is awarded you now have to be penalising under the first bullet point of handball offence and not the second!
Yeah I get that in the context of a DOGSO red (handball) but my point still stands. Else, why have the "unnaturally" bigger element of it.
I'm not trying to pull you up over it, rather pointing out how at odds with itself that part of Law 12 is.

Reactions: ASM
We have the unnaturally bigger because people in charge wanted HBs without having to be deliberate. Weird, as that was taught as. Kind of deliberate HB for years before the change, but, whatever. They make the rules.

Back