SPA vs GER Matchday 7 - Makkelie (NED)

george.g

Level 5 Referee
Match #28
Spain vs Germany
Sunday, 27th November 2022
Al-Khor

Referee: Danny Makkelie (NED)

Assistant Referee 1: Hessel Steegstra (NED)
Assistant Referee 2: Jan de Vries (NED)
Fourth Official: Istvan Kovacs (ROU)
Reserve Assistant Referee: Vasile Marinescu (ROU)
Video Assistant Referee: Paulus van Boekel (NED)
Assistant Video Assistant Referee: Massimiliano Irrati (ITA)
Offside Video Assistant Referee: Taleb Al Marri (QAT)
Support Video Assistant Referee: Paolo Valeri (ITA)
Standby Assistant Video Assistant Referee: Mihai Artene (ROU)

Should be a good one

The Referee Store
Was just wondering when Makkelie would be getting his first game, and he's really well-known by most of these players. Should be an entertaining one. FIFA seems to really like him

Was certainly tighter live than it looked on TV

Graphic saying goal didn't help...
Looks like the way they’ve create the graphic has “checking — goal” to mean that they are checking what is potentially a goal. It’s very unclear, I think, particularly with the colours/segments.

What was the delay/drop ball to the keeper for just after?

It was an easy call on TV for the no goal.

The Gnabry half way offside call the same AR took a massive flash lag risk flagging. Looked really close on replay but bad angle so we might never know.

The Gnabry half way offside call the same AR took a massive flash lag risk flagging. Looked really close on replay but bad angle so we might never know.
Correct, I thought it was off but must have been really close. Deffo should have played on

Another crazy tight early flag. DM really good recognising the situation and not blowing up

Thing I'm curious about though: Makkelie always uses his wallet, but doesn't today. Has FIFA instructed the referees not to use a wallet?

Edit: I'm wrong, just didn't see the wallet in previous bookings

Back