A&H

SOU-MNU Handball

cwyeary

RefChat Addict
Thoughts on this not being called a foul/PK? I'm not sure if the first one from McTominay was inside the penalty area, so I'm not going to go on a VAR rant at the moment. But how does Andy Madley not call the first one as a foul when he has a perfect view of it?

https://clip.dubz.co/v/g5ygms

The Referee Store
I don’t think it’s handball. He’s not got a clue where the ball is as it dropped in and then it just starts flicking about, once off Che Adams arm onto his as well

When the ball first touches McTominay's arm, his arm is outstretched in that position because he is attempting to grab his opponent. I might be reading the laws wrong but I think this is handball because the position of his arm is not "justifiable" (because attempting to grab an opponent is not "justifiable").

Whether this occurred in the penalty area is another question.

All the other ball-arm contacts are completely inadvertent and not handball offences in my opinion.

I don’t think it’s handball. He’s not got a clue where the ball is as it dropped in and then it just starts flicking about, once off Che Adams arm onto his as well
He's looking straight at Adams as the ball bounces off Adams' chest, and sticks his arm out (making himself unnaturally bigger) and swats the ball away (well, onto his other arm). Even if it wasn't deliberate (which IMO it is), it very much meets the definition of making the body unnaturally bigger as far as I can see.

He's looking straight at Adams as the ball bounces off Adams' chest, and sticks his arm out (making himself unnaturally bigger) and swats the ball away (well, onto his other arm). Even if it wasn't deliberate (which IMO it is), it very much meets the definition of making the body unnaturally bigger as far as I can see.
It’s Adams who swats the ball away with his arm, not McTomminay

View attachment 5873

That's McTominay's arm it's hitting, not Adams'.
I thought you were referring to the end when the ball is hit away, that was Adams.

If you watch slowly, as the ball is dropping McTomminay is staring straight ahead with no idea where the ball is (bad defending really), it then bounces around between the 2 and there’s no way either of them can possibly predict the ricochet of the ball between their 2 bodies.

Personally, I don’t think it’s intentional because of what I wrote above and if you’re running towards somebody and get within a foot of them you’d be lifting your arms up, nobody is just going to run directly into someone with their hands by their sides, therefore I always don’t think it’s an unnatural position. It’s all very clumsy yes, but not handball for me

No chance us operating alone could give a handall there

even with multiple replays, I cant penalise that, it all looks perfectly natural, just so happens a ball is on the scene

No chance us operating alone could give a handall there

even with multiple replays, I cant penalise that, it all looks perfectly natural, just so happens a ball is on the scene
I'm surprised that a number of people on here don't think this is 100% a nailed on handball offense that a pro referee looking at from perfect position would struggle to get. How are we saying that the arm being out there is not unnaturally away from the body for a player with two feet on the ground and not jumping?

I'm surprised that a number of people on here don't think this is 100% a nailed on handball offense that a pro referee looking at from perfect position would struggle to get. How are we saying that the arm being out there is not unnaturally away from the body for a player with two feet on the ground and not jumping?

old debate that its not a law that his arms MUST only be by his side

McT is not going to challenge that opponent with arms tucked in, that imo would be unnatural.

I'm pretty sure it it was in the area VAR would be getting involved, suspect they looked but as it appears to be outside they couldn't do anything. Completely understand the referee missing it real time, it happened very quickly and also appeared to hit Adam's arm.

I'm pretty sure it it was in the area VAR would be getting involved, suspect they looked but as it appears to be outside they couldn't do anything. Completely understand the referee missing it real time, it happened very quickly and also appeared to hit Adam's arm.

That was originally my thought that it might have been outside of the penalty area, but all of the talking heads that usually get some inside information from PGMOL have all gone down the it wasn't an unnatural position road.

Back