A&H

Some good news ...

RefJef

RefChat Addict
... for me, at least.

Apologies if there is a bit of a din coming from mid-Somerset, that’ll be me blowing my own trumpet, but I’ve received a letter (electronically) from Somerset FA confirming my promotion from level 7 to level 6.

I’d met all the criteria, except I’d only had two out of my 3 observations. (Annoyingly, my third observation got blown away by storm Dennis - the game went ahead and I did a good job, but the observer didn’t make it to the game - and then had it lined up on another two occasions, but those games were cancelled due to waterlogged pitches, Then Lockdown happened.) Those two observations were both above standard expected, so I figured I could probably stuff up my 3rd game and still be Ok.

I know the promotion year doesn’t finish ‘til 30th April, but most staff at Somerset FA are about to be (or have been) furloughed so they took the step to resolve promotions this week.

So when the new season kicks off - whenever that may be - I’ll be blowing my whistle as a freshly minted Level 6.

Chuffed!

The Referee Store
Congratulations. The FA sent an email to all CFAs telling them that they were free to complete promotions now even though the promotion season runs until 30th April, and said they should take account of the shortened season when making decisions if candidates were shot of games or observations.

Apart from 3 years of law changes, sin bins and copious quantities of Fosters & Steak I could still dance it on the pitch. I just need a quick 20 yard jog and I’m good to go. The bigger they are, the gobbier the are, the quicker they are, bring em on.... easy.... 😁
Never say never! 🤔

... for me, at least.

Apologies if there is a bit of a din coming from mid-Somerset, that’ll be me blowing my own trumpet, but I’ve received a letter (electronically) from Somerset FA confirming my promotion from level 7 to level 6.

I’d met all the criteria, except I’d only had two out of my 3 observations. (Annoyingly, my third observation got blown away by storm Dennis - the game went ahead and I did a good job, but the observer didn’t make it to the game - and then had it lined up on another two occasions, but those games were cancelled due to waterlogged pitches, Then Lockdown happened.) Those two observations were both above standard expected, so I figured I could probably stuff up my 3rd game and still be Ok.

I know the promotion year doesn’t finish ‘til 30th April, but most staff at Somerset FA are about to be (or have been) furloughed so they took the step to resolve promotions this week.

So when the new season kicks off - whenever that may be - I’ll be blowing my whistle as a freshly minted Level 6.

Chuffed!

Congrats @RefJef And congrats @Big Cat too.

Still waiting to hear if I've made the grade. Not had any observations but i was told not to expect any due to the scarcity of observers. I got plenty of games in and the season appeared to go well so we will see.

Congrats @RefJef And congrats @Big Cat too.

Still waiting to hear if I've made the grade. Not had any observations but i was told not to expect any due to the scarcity of observers. I got plenty of games in and the season appeared to go well so we will see.
In the absence of observations, what do they have to go on? Club Marks?
The CFAs are conducting their annual revues early, albeit on a random timescale

Back