A&H

Socks

Dazzykerr

Level 6 Referee
I was having a discussion today with a coach in the playground in school run this morning.
He was was asking a question about refeere he had at weekend.

He said should they referee have same colour socks as players

His team normally wears black socks with white shorts but wore black schools and black socks should referee have changed socks colour

The Referee Store
I was having a discussion today with a coach in the playground in school run this morning.

His team normally wears black socks with white shorts but wore black schools and black socks should referee have changed socks colour

In the Uk ( at present) its the norm that the referee wears black socks

International games the referees will wear different socks if needed

There is no need for the referee here to have changed, none at all

This is being viewed from the wrong point of view. It's about whether or not the players should have the same colour socks as the referee. ;)

I know this is school football but normally, part of any coach/team manager's admin responsibilities is to ensure that there's not a colour clash with their opponents or the referee for that matter on the day (which is why most County FA/Leagues stipulate that teams are not to wear black shirts).

It's not for the referee to worry about that. :cool:

This is being viewed from the wrong point of view. It's about whether or not the players should have the same colour socks as the referee. ;)

I know this is school football but normally, part of any coach/team manager's admin responsibilities is to ensure that there's not a colour clash with their opponents or the referee for that matter on the day (which is why most County FA/Leagues stipulate that teams are not to wear black shirts).

It's not for the referee to worry about that. :cool:
I also think there is something about this in the lotg:
1666027676519.png

In law 4 player equipment

Edit:
And most leagues in my area state that if the team kit clashes with the officals kit then that team is to wear bib (sometimes are advised for future seasons to change kit colours)

I also think there is something about this in the lotg:
View attachment 6058

In law 4 player equipment

Edit:
And most leagues in my area state that if the team kit clashes with the officals kit then that team is to wear bib (sometimes are advised for future seasons to change kit colours)
Aye. The fact that it's in Law 4 goes without saying. ;)

That's why I worded my response as I did. 👍

I ref some for a very low key adult league--no slide tackles, halos for women, players are all AYSO volunteers. For some reason, this year they got black socks for all the teams. :mad: On my side of the goal line as AR, I signal CK, R overrules as a GK. Players grumble, somI announce, “It clearly went off the player with the black socks.” Strange looks and then smiles . . .

but as far as players having the same color of socks as the refs, I hardly see it as a real world issue, at least not till you get to the very high levels.

I ref some for a very low key adult league--no slide tackles, halos for women, players are all AYSO volunteers. For some reason, this year they got black socks for all the teams. :mad: On my side of the goal line as AR, I signal CK, R overrules as a GK. Players grumble, somI announce, “It clearly went off the player with the black socks.” Strange looks and then smiles . . .

but as far as players having the same color of socks as the refs, I hardly see it as a real world issue, at least not till you get to the very high levels.
It isn't even a problem in arguably the top league in the world, referees wear black shorts and socks even if the players do. For some reason UEFA just seem to think it is a problem that needs to be fixed by making the referees look silly.

Back