A&H

So was wasn't Sterling sent off against Swansea.

matty639

Level 5 Referee
Anyone care to guess why he wasn't just sent off despite reaching over Mike Mullarkey's shoulder to slap the Swansea lad.

The Referee Store
The thought that went through my mind was "he missed the shelvey incident and been informed of it at half time and now it is 1-1!"

Of course that didn't really happen.... referees don't do such things.

It was petulance from Sterling and he was a little lucky to get away with it. Anyone remember him putting hands on Howard Webb last season? :D

When you've quite finished. I've cleaned up the thread of all of the nonsense. I suggest if you want to continue your childish remarks, do so via pm as you won't be doing it in the thread! Any more of this and warnings will be issued. Enough is enough!

For the credibility of the FA (lol) the two should be charged along with Cisse.
For the credibility of the profession the AR concerned needs to be taken off EPL duty for a match or 2.
We can argue about angles and Unclear views for 95% of incidents but I can only come to the conclusion he has bottled it (We've all done it). But we don't all officiate on the EPL.

Why, have you seen it from his angle. They couldn't show it from Mariners angle on Sky last night so I doubt it !

That's why I said I was 90% sure. He appears to have a clear view, at about 30 degrees to the incident (Excuse the awful diagram). Penalty area.PNG

It's actually a module during the badge presented by arsene Wenger titled "hear no evil, see no evil, let's talk about something else now Mr interviewer"

:D

i think mr marriner didnt get a clear view of the shelvey incident, and how can you blame the ar for missing young raheens petulance it was behind him

Behind him?
Anyway Shelvey has accepted a 4 match ban.
Sterling will not be charged!
Ladies and Gentleman I present to you The Amazing...The Incredible.... FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION DISCIPLINARY DEPARTMENT!!!!
(Wish I could say it was one night only)

if the fa are going to do shelvey i cannot understand the lack of action against sterling, and deusex watch the clip again the ar is looking at the swansea player

From what I've read, the FA aren't charging Sterling because the officials said that they'd seen the incident and chose to take no action.

The sterling one is stupid rather than dangerous. The shelvey arm has potential for damage, is aggressive, powerful and calculated.

Sterlings face push isn't going to break a nose, jaw or cheek bone.

Not saying he shouldn't face action for it, just that you are comparing apples and sausages with those 2 incidents.

Back