A&H

Snow is quite annoying

The Referee Store
Dangerous?

Could be in the farcical range but would need to see more. Am not abandoning based on that.

Def be thinking about it though!

Not sure pitch is at fault for striker not chipping it in or using enough power

Money dictates everything. These days, the pressure to abandon (from a financial perspective) would override all other considerations

Dangerous?

Could be in the farcical range but would need to see more. Am not abandoning based on that.

Def be thinking about it though!

Not sure pitch is at fault for striker not chipping it in or using enough power
I would say that situation is farcical, a team has been denied a goal (ignoring what the attacker could have done) by the weather conditions.

In this game there would be a match commissioner. Abandoning is technically your decision which more or less is dictated by what s/he says. In practice it will be a joint decision in consultation with team reps as well.

If this was at my level, I don't see any safety issues or any other issues to run the game in accordance with LOTG. It only impacts quality of play. I'd have a chat with the two team managers/captains and if they both want to play, I'd go ahead.

In this game there would be a match commissioner. Abandoning is technically your decision which more or less is dictated by what s/he says. In practice it will be a joint decision in consultation with team reps as well.

If this was at my level, I don't see any safety issues or any other issues to run the game in accordance with LOTG. It only impacts quality of play. I'd have a chat with the two team managers/captains and if they both want to play, I'd go ahead.

Ignoring that likely we don't have any orange balls at our level, so most games would have been abandoned around that point.

If there are no safety concerns and they are happy to play with the possibility of this happening, by all means, it's on them. However, we do have a responsibility to ensure it is not farcical, no matter the desire of the clubs.

Back