A&H

Six Second Rule .....Myth ?

you clearly needed to improve upon your counting skills, Monkey

Bakers dozen = 13
referee's half dozen = 11

The Referee Store
Yes the ref was right by the law, but I wouldn't call this bravery.. look at the time, look a the score, clearly not an attempt to lose time, nice sporting gesture from the attacker, everything is nice and in a sportive behaviour and the ref ruined it

This law is not adhered to as it is unrealisitc.
it should be revised or removed

The law isn't the slightest bit unrealistic. Referees, as a whole, just choose not to apply it. It's not that hard to apply if we actually did it. It's one of those many examples where refereeing to expectations (even though we also create those) takes precedence over the LOTG.

The law isn't the slightest bit unrealistic. Referees, as a whole, just choose not to apply it. It's not that hard to apply if we actually did it. It's one of those many examples where refereeing to expectations (even though we also create those) takes precedence over the LOTG.

So do you support the actions of the referee?

It was brought in to stop goalkeepers time wasting. The keeper wasn't time wasting.

Well, that's the excuse given, isn't it?

The law says 6 seconds - so why are we allowing up to 20 seconds? It should be pretty straightforward to apply, but we all ignore it.

Whether I support the actions of the referee is wholly irrelevant to my post,

I struggle here ...

My come back when players want to wear wrong-colour-sock-tape is that I'm here to enforce all the Laws - including goals, fouls and sock-tape ... and then I go and ignore the 6 second law every time !

Back