A&H

simultaneous ko

Ciley Myrus

RefChat Addict
Just reading Man City were a few mins behind ko time as Shakhtar game was a bit delayed also and both need to kick off at same time, great I get it
Is there a expiry on this rule though, as in, should Shakhtar been hit with a crazy sleet storm for the next 15 mins, does other game need to also wait 15?
Waiting 2 mins to get the kick off's to be together I suppose is understandable but holding back another game for what could be an unlimited or unknown time, I don't know the stipulations, i.e not just weather but say one teams floodlights go down 2 mins before ko, is there a guideline as to whether the other game actually starts??

probably not a general refereeing question and more one for regulations but still interesting to see if anyone has definite answers.

The Referee Store
Just reading Man City were a few mins behind ko time as Shakhtar game was a bit delayed also and both need to kick off at same time, great I get it
Is there a expiry on this rule though, as in, should Shakhtar been hit with a crazy sleet storm for the next 15 mins, does other game need to also wait 15?
Waiting 2 mins to get the kick off's to be together I suppose is understandable but holding back another game for what could be an unlimited or unknown time, I don't know the stipulations, i.e not just weather but say one teams floodlights go down 2 mins before ko, is there a guideline as to whether the other game actually starts??

probably not a general refereeing question and more one for regulations but still interesting to see if anyone has definite answers.
Not what I expected when I saw 'simultaneous ko'...

I get the logic, there have been a few 'delayed' games over the years that helped a team slightly in knowing a result early!!!

I get the logic, there have been a few 'delayed' games over the years that helped a team slightly in knowing a result early!!!

Yes. I was only asking in a head to head where one game is running a bit behind, how far does it go?
All the way to the other game not even being played if the other game does not?

Perhaps most infamously the delay orchestrated by the late great Jimmy Hill. ‘Travel congestion’. Sunderland fans still not happy about it!

Back