A&H

Simulation and restarts

higdawgy

Had a random thought tonight that I just wanted confirmation from everyone.

Player dribbling into the penalty area, gets fouled and you give a penalty.
Penalty is scored.
As you are walking back to halfway the player fouled jokes with someone that he won the penalty with a dive.

Upon hearing this you can caution them for USB.

But you can't go back and cancel the penalty because the penalty was taken and this was the match restarting after the foul play.

The Referee Store
ha good luck selling that to everyone watching!

you're right though, the match has restarted so you wouldn't be able to go back, cancel the penalty and restart with an indirect free kick

Players say all kinds of sh*T to get in the heads of opponents and officials. No caution, no involvement, kick-off as normal.

Who knows what decisions that player may or not be on the positive end of for the rest of the match though (wink wink).

Had a random thought tonight that I just wanted confirmation from everyone.

Player dribbling into the penalty area, gets fouled and you give a penalty.
Penalty is scored.
As you are walking back to halfway the player fouled jokes with someone that he won the penalty with a dive.

Upon hearing this you can caution them for USB.

But you can't go back and cancel the penalty because the penalty was taken and this was the match restarting after the foul play.

Caution him in the manner you state and you are aswell not kicking off

your game is over

If you caution him the opposition are then going to demand the penalty is cancelled and aren't going to be listening to your explanation as to why you can't.

Cautioning there is akin to throwing yourself under a bus, just don't do it.

Akin to to cautioning a player at the start of a match because upon reflection you realised you should have cautioned him last match you had him.

If he intended to fool me and succeeded, if I realise it later, the only person I am cautioning is myself.

Back