A&H

Should I report?

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Nearly 2 weeks ago I reffed an u13 match in which since then I have been told (today) that majority of the home team had covid.
I did notice that some players I hadn't seen (I am manager of a retail shop and I knew some of the players/families from the shop as customers) for a while when I normally saw them daily but didn't think anything of it.
It has been said that the players all caught it from team mates from that fixture (most tested positive with a PCR test taken within 48 hours).
Should the club have made me aware of this?
Should I report what I have learnt to the league/County and let them investigate?

The Referee Store
Don't think it needs anything official and doubt cfa will be interested, just drop the secretary/manager an email saying you've been made aware they all caught covid around the time of the game and it would be helpful if they'd told you. At least they'll learn for next time.

Don't think it is down to them, NHS Test & Trace should be contacting close contacts. Although I don't think football is classed as close contact.

Should the club have made me aware of this?
Should I report what I have learnt to the league/County and let them investigate?

I would at least ask the question informally. I would have thought they would inform the league as a matter of safety anyway and because it would have a potential affect on the following fixture, changing rooms and so on, so then the league would have informed you since you came into contact etc.

part of the SFA return to football documents include that each club must have a covid officer and each referee association appoints a covid delegate
That is your two points of contact here

that aside, the same advice ( but not set in stone) is that all referees in this country get tested once a week regardless. There are a couple of documents to that effect.

Back