A&H

Short term memory loss!

HullRef

RefChat Addict
I don't know about you guys but after a game that I have, I forget almost every decision that I have made, apart from the crucial ones (ie. penalty, yellow/red card).

But things like tackles and other general fouls, i always forget.

I was refing a team with a mate in from my school and on the Monday morning he asked me why I didn't give a foul for a certain tackle and I just couldn't remember which one he was talking about.

I don't know whether it is just me or if anyone else "suffers" from this, but it does make it really hard for me to reflect on the game.

The Referee Store
Your not the only one buddy, I had a game recently as a senior assistant there was a goal scored and about 2 or 3 mins later I was at the half way line and the manager of the conceding team asked weather the player was in front or behind when the ball was played as he believed it was offside and I couldn't remember, just the fact that I knew he was onside so I couldn't really answer him!

I did that today. Cautioned a player for a bad challenge - forgot who was fouled and had to ask his teammates who was fouled so he could go off because the physio came on. Oops.

Reactions: SM
lol A new one! Better what you did that what I managed earlier in the season where I lost sight of the guy to caution.....

I'm bad with names so I write captains on my right hand and assistants names on my left, think it helps to use their names

Back