A&H

Shoes

The Referee Store
Whatever works and is cheap. >_>

As the referee you're not kicking the ball, unless something's gone horrifically wrong. So all you want is something that fits on your foot and maintains grip imo anyway.

Sondico Strike 2 comes in at under £20 and are black, with barely any advertising, so they suit me. You won't catch me shelling out £100+ for the Mundials, sorry. :p

The ones that I just got, and like a lot, are the Nike Tiempo Rio III FGs. I got them for around $30 USD, so a good quality boot for not too much money.

I've used the same pair of Tiempos for about 15 years for soft ground and just had to replace them as they start to split. (The first 7 years was as a goalkeeper, not a ref.)

After a few false starts I've settled on Asics tight five rugby boots. Very comfortable kangaroo leather, a slight raised heel and loads of grip.

Used to be a massive fan of Nike Tiempos. Now an Adidas Kaiser fan, got both soft and firm ground. Like wearing slippers and cheaper than the copas

Umbro Specialli moulded for hard ground and studs for soft, brought my first pair 20yrs ago & apart from 1 pair of predators I’ve been Specialli’s my whole life.

I’m not sure you can even get my boots anymore you have to search high and low for them, the last two pairs I got from eBay I haven’t looked since.

Even now 20 yrs on in the changing room I get the odd player comment on them saying damn I haven’t seen those for years they are classics.

Back