A&H

Sheffield Wednesday vs Hull City

The Referee Store
My immediate reaction was red. Strange one though as from some angles it looks more yellow, but Sky then showed the angle Darren Bond had and that looks the most red of the lot.
Aye, from Bonds angle is definitely looks red. And to be fair to Gareth Ainsworth in the studio, he pretty much agreed

I thought yellow, definitely reckless and showing disregard for player safety, not sure that’s worthy of a red but from you can certainly understand why it was given.

I can see why it was given as a red but he's been a bit unlucky with his foot along the ground and then hitting the ball and riding up over it to hit the player in the shin. Quite unfortunate but a fair red.

I think red because he leaves the ground momentarily = danger. Runs from distance = danger. Speed = danger. 3x danger = easy red

Were you trying to see how many times you could fit the word penalty into a sentence? ;)
Lol. I wrote any thoughts on the penalty awarded to hull for the penalty when I really mean to write the Penalty awarded for handball. 🤪

Can anyone beat 3?

Lol. I wrote any thoughts on the penalty awarded to hull for the penalty when I really mean to write the Penalty awarded for handball. 🤪

Can anyone beat 3?
Any thoughts on the penalty awarded to hull for the penalty incident which resulted in a penalty

For those who aint seen it

I've got no issues with the pen. Not really sure what defender was doing

The one really positive thing to come out of this (aside from the Wednesday win 😂) is Hull manager Liam Rosenior's comments. If only every manager reacted as calmly and rationally as this when decisions went against them.

"It's a disappointing one to take, but it's one where we have to see the overall picture and know we're still in a really, really strong position. From his angle, I can see why, but it's not a red card"

"I think everyone in the stadium knows that. Darren's got a very difficult job and from his perspective where he stood at the time, it looks like Tyler's gone over the top, but the replay shows he hasn't and it's something that will look at appealing because I don't think any player deserves to miss three games for that. We're going to look into it (the appeal). I'm going to speak with Darren. He's an outstanding referee.

"I make mistakes, everybody makes mistakes. It's frustrating and disappointing because I want to send 4,000 fans home happy and the outcome is changed by that red card in the way that we can play, and that's frustrating from my end."

Saw something saying this was overturned...surely not
Yes it was, post 15.

Come back to my usual point though that the panel is 5 people of which at most 1 is from a refereeing background. Appeals often seem to succeed when the ball is won before there is any contact with the opponent as that is "what the game expects".

Back