A&H

Shameful FIFA

Big Cat

RefChat Addict
Level 4 Referee
When are they going to realise that they have a 'social responsibility' to sort this behaviour out?

1m:30 ish

The Referee Store
standard isnt it. a yellow card there would have been a shock, red unthinkable despite the latter being the most appropriate

I'm sorry but any player doing that to me on a Sat or Sun is off.
The chance of it happening have increased significantly "cause Neymar did it!"
Indeed, but because Neymar didn't get sent off, you no doubt will be making an awful decision if you sent someone off for it.

Clearly at that level there are certain players you cannot send off if you want to get such appointments again. Neymar appears to be one of them

The primary issue here is not the player's behaviour. Nor is it the Referee's lack of sanction. The disgusting problem is the instruction the Referees are working to. The root cause is FIFA and financial self-interest

Neymar is a particular beaut in this regard. There is footage elsewhere of him being caught on some mic giving dog's abuse to a referee on the field. Then later in the tunnel video footage of him going back to the referee and doing it again. The referee turned the other cheek. There has to be some instruction that certain laws don't apply to certain players.

Neymar is a particular beaut in this regard. There is footage elsewhere of him being caught on some mic giving dog's abuse to a referee on the field. Then later in the tunnel video footage of him going back to the referee and doing it again. The referee turned the other cheek. There has to be some instruction that certain laws don't apply to certain players.
I dunno, I'm not sure OFFINABUS applies to any players at the top levels. Last world cup had multiple times where you could lip read what players were screaming in the face of a ref with no sanction at all. I'm not convinced its special treatment as opposed for an over focus on keeping games 11 v 11.

But I totally agree with the main sentiment that this should be a send off every time, in any game, at any level. I think it used to be clear that contacting the official was an absolute no-no. I don't think the horror of this play is that he wasn't sent off (or even cautioned), but that it doesn't surprise anyone and everyone would have been surprised if he had been sent off. And I agree that FIFA and professional leagues owe it to the Game to take this up and squash it. And no, it won't lead to tons of send offs--players learn. In the US, both the NBA and NFL have strict rules that initiating contact with an official is an ejection--and it rarely happens because players know what happens if they do it.

If we (my which I really mean the powers that be) think that finishing games 11 v 11 is more important than sanctioning this kind of behavior, then I think the change they should make is not making teams play short (or having them play short for a period of time). I don't really like the idea, but it seems to me that would do less damage to the Game than the current model of ignoring even blatantly clear misconduct, which then trickles down.

I dunno, I'm not sure OFFINABUS applies to any players at the top levels. Last world cup had multiple times where you could lip read what players were screaming in the face of a ref with no sanction at all. I'm not convinced its special treatment as opposed for an over focus on keeping games 11 v 11.

But I totally agree with the main sentiment that this should be a send off every time, in any game, at any level. I think it used to be clear that contacting the official was an absolute no-no. I don't think the horror of this play is that he wasn't sent off (or even cautioned), but that it doesn't surprise anyone and everyone would have been surprised if he had been sent off. And I agree that FIFA and professional leagues owe it to the Game to take this up and squash it. And no, it won't lead to tons of send offs--players learn. In the US, both the NBA and NFL have strict rules that initiating contact with an official is an ejection--and it rarely happens because players know what happens if they do it.

If we (my which I really mean the powers that be) think that finishing games 11 v 11 is more important than sanctioning this kind of behavior, then I think the change they should make is not making teams play short (or having them play short for a period of time). I don't really like the idea, but it seems to me that would do less damage to the Game than the current model of ignoring even blatantly clear misconduct, which then trickles down.
Yup, players learn very quickly. The irony is; FIFA's/Football's commercial interests are not even at risk by sorting this out

If I was Minister for Sport (or whatever that's called), I'd be on the case with this. Even if it's allowed in other countries, I'd be all over the Premier League & PGMOL (and whoever else) to get this stamped out. It's contributing to societal behaviour, so it should be on any Government's radar

Yup, players learn very quickly. The irony is; FIFA's/Football's commercial interests are not even at risk by sorting this out

If I was Minister for Sport (or whatever that's called), I'd be on the case with this. Even if it's allowed in other countries, I'd be all over the Premier League & PGMOL (and whoever else) to get this stamped out. It's contributing to societal behaviour, so it should be on any Government's radar
It no doubt has a contribution to societal behaviour as a whole. Just look at the woeful haircuts we now have to witness on the streets. Regarding the thuggish side of things, players seem to be able to get away with whatever they want to on the field, from physical assault to verbal harassment. When this isn't stamped down on, of course little Johnny then thinks it is acceptable for him to behave that way in everyday life, with little to no repercussions.

I see SA have said "90.6% of decisions made were errors" .. did FIFA decide on every call and furnish SA with their findings!?

SA players in an interview claiming "the game appeared to be rehearsed between the players and the referees, even the ball boys looked involved"

Utterly laughable.

I see SA have said "90.6% of decisions made were errors" .. did FIFA decide on every call and furnish SA with their findings!?

SA players in an interview claiming "the game appeared to be rehearsed between the players and the referees, even the ball boys looked involved"

Utterly laughable.
I think the may have used the same statistician FIFA used for world cup who concluded 99.7% of VAR decisions were correct.

Back