A&H

SFA to English FA

The Referee Store
I know a referee who came from Kurdistan to England, I think he dropped down a few levels and had to get a few observations in so they could assess where he would be in the English system.

SFA to English FA should be pretty simple. i moved this season from the Welsh to English FA. I had to get agreement from my current FA stating my grade, DOB and a few other details. This had to be sent to the county FA I have moved to. I advise you speak to the Referee rep at the county FA you wish to join. They will be able to tell you what's required. As for grading, it was a low level ref (grade 4C in Wales) which translated easily to Grade 7 in England. If you are higher up I am not sure how grading will work without assessment.

Does anyone know if this transfer between scotland and england possible without re-taking the introduction course?

There are no doubts that you will be able to come to England, without retaking the exam. But at what level you joins depends. Normally come over for grassroots football (outside the Non-league Pyramid - level 4 and above) is not a problem. At L4 and above, you are controlled by the FA so doubtful you will be able to officiate at that level until next season (and after you have passed the fitness tests).

Back