A&H

SFA kit for Season 2014/2015

BriggsRef

Level 7 Referee
Do any SFA refs in the know out there, know whats happening with SFA kit next year? Greaves Sports appear to be running down stock and only have the current black or silver Adidas jerseys in stock in limited sizes. As this is the second year of these kits I'd imagine the money men behind Adidas will be bringing out a new line. Hopefully it won't be the kit that's being worn in the World Cup this year. I know they need to mirror Scotland's national team manufacturer so I'm assuming it will still be Adidas.

The reason I ask is, I have the black, blue and silver jerseys but recently had a colour clash and had which meant I had to wear an older model yellow jersey. I don't want to buy the current yellow one if it is going to be replaced next year.

The Referee Store
The problem is that in previous years the SFA would have a contract with a kit manufacturer to make both the referee kits and the national team kits (both would wear diadora, adidas etc.) but, for whatever reason, adidas either haven't been given or haven't asked for a similar contract this time around so the word from our last meeting was that the SFA are still looking for a referee kit manufacturer.

Such is the level of competence at the SFA I wouldn't expect any news in the near future :p

I heard it's going to JD Sports and that the kit is the same one currently being used in the MLS in Navy, Blue, Yellow and Red with the strip down the back of the top.

Back