A&H

select group whistles/cards

jofusref

RefChat Addict
hi guys i just want to post a question, if any of you know a select group ref, i know they get supplied with new shirts socks etc every season but do they get whistles and red/yellows supplied too

The Referee Store
I dont know the answer to your question specifically. But I am going to guess not on 2 counts.
1) surely by the time you get to select group you've amassed enough whistles and cards to get by. I have at least 3 sets of cards and 3 whistles already after 4 -5 years.
2) I have noticed that some have different whistles. Moalst have fox 40 byt different variations such as finger grip and i have seen sonik blast be used too.

i dont think they will but it just occured to me, and i am sure some of the members on here are in the same asociation/society as the big boys, in my association in scotland we have 4 who do tv games

I have only been reffing 3 years I have 3 sets of cards and about 5 whistles mostly bought in a panic on a friday when my kids have got hold of my stuff!

lol, a perfect reason why you need a few spares of everything, you are lucky you must have a local shop where you can buy cards and whistles

Yeah, I think that's a degree of personal preference when it comes to stuff like whistles and cards. I've see some write on the card on what looks like masking tape, while others use either cards you can directly write on or clear skins. None use a separate notebook! Same back in the old days when you were allowed to use a round red card - some referees did, while others stuck to a rectangular red.

Yeah, I think that's a degree of personal preference when it comes to stuff like whistles and cards. I've see some write on the card on what looks like masking tape, while others use either cards you can directly write on or clear skins. None use a separate notebook! Same back in the old days when you were allowed to use a round red card - some referees did, while others stuck to a rectangular red.
i always thought the round red card looked horrible

lol, a perfect reason why you need a few spares of everything, you are lucky you must have a local shop where you can buy cards and whistles
A good independent sports shop and the worst Sports Direct in the country!

i always thought the round red card looked horrible
Oh I agree, but I do see the logic in it as well. Especially when both are kept in the same pocket/wallet, it means you can pick the correct colour without having to take your eyes off the players.

Back