A&H

Second Yellow Card

Matthew

RefChat Addict
It's taken a long time, but I had my first non-OFFINABUS red card in an U18 game last night.

Reds vs. Blues and two players had been having a running battle from the first minute. About twenty minutes in, it was obvious that they were winding each other up. I could see what was going on and brought them both in, along with their captains and told them in no uncertain terms that they needed to calm down. I thought it had worked until just before half time when they were in each other's faces again, a bit of pushing and shoving but nothing amounting to VC. I cautioned them both for adopting an aggressive attitude.

In to the second half and within a minute, Blue player who had just been booked before HT completely lost his head. The ball had gone and he went in with a late, poor challenge. It was borderline between yellow and red. He was walking before I'd even blown the whistle. Totally stupid.

It was the first red card I've not had a single complaint about and quite possibly my easiest too.

Just a quick question on this too. How do I report it? On a normal misconduct form or is there a separate one for two yellows?

The Referee Store
Just a quick question on this too. How do I report it? On a normal misconduct form or is there a separate one for two yellows?

if you use whole game to report it, i believe that's not an issue any more. only used it for the first time yesterday so i may be wrong

if you use whole game to report it, i believe that's not an issue any more. only used it for the first time yesterday so i may be wrong

And therein lies the problem. As excellent as the whole game system is, the league I ref in has teams from both Manchester and Lancs FA, which means that I can't use it because the opposition were Manchester affiliated (Manchester aren't using it yet). I did speak to my RDO though, apparently I just need to use the standard misconduct form.

Back