A&H

Second game

refharry

I felt my first game didn't go too well, but the second game went really great. Got a bit of grief from the losing manager, but oh well. I might of made 1 or 2 mistakes with the high foot, just to clarify does the foot have to be waist or above to count as high?

The Referee Store
Hi, first off, welcome to RefChat

You'll always get grief from losing managers. With regards to a high foot, if you deem it to be dangerous, then give it. You'll soon get a feeling of what's right and seats wrong with regards to high feet

You got any more fixtures lined up?

As Ross has said you will soon start to get a feel for these sort of decisions, some will be easy to give, some you will have to think about but the key word that Ross used was "dangerous" and in the end it doesn't matter how high it is or is not, if you think it is dangerous then that is all that matters.

As for the losing manager, "in one ear, out the other" as far as I am concerned (unless of course they are going over the top with what they are saying and then I listen a lot to make sure I know what to put on the misconduct report :) ) , it's always easier for a manager to blame the ref because it had to have been his fault that his team lost, if you are happy that your performance was good then just accept that it is sour grapes.

Be sure to let us know how your next game goes.

No, the foot does not have to be above the waist; if the player is guilty of playing in a dangerous manner, according to your standards, than you blow the whistle for it. There is nothing in the LOTG that says anything about waist or higher.

Back