A&H

Second City Derby

The Referee Store
Jesus. no watching it, but here, a Hibs fan ran on and tried to get involved with a Rangers player the other night

double jesus, just seen it.......serious would consider just calling game off there and then, dont care if football loses out, at least thuggery does not prevail.

Hibs are looking at shutting that whole stand, it might actual be time for the fences to return. Behave like animals, be treated like animals

There should be an unwritten rule that anyone who confronts a player gets what's coming to them, a round doing by hopefully every other player. 9 out of 10 players would destroy a fan in seconds..... sadly though the morons from the stands, if they are willing to even run on the park, are prob willing to be weaponed up too :(

Last edited:
I was at OT when the Galatasry guy ran on about 20 year ago, Schmeical near throw him Olympic Hammer style, and near broke the world record in the process...

that Grelish one is horrendous though, as if coming on the park is not enough, thumping someone from behind is just as cowardly as it gets.

Its similar to the Dirty Leeds one an Hillsborough a few years back on Goalkeeper Chris Kirkland..

(Non ref opinion) What confuses me about football is that this fan will correctly get a life time ban and done for assault, yet if that was a player on player incident he’d be looking at a red card and absolutely no police involvement

Reactions: JH
Did you notice the second commentator change his mind about giving a penalty as he saw 4-5 views of it, he initially said no penalty and as it pulled it apart from different angles he was suddenly an enlightened genius.... This is what's wrong with Sky IMO, anybody can get it right after seeing every conceivable angle....

(Non ref opinion) What confuses me about football is that this fan will correctly get a life time ban and done for assault, yet if that was a player on player incident he’d be looking at a red card and absolutely no police involvement

Not strictly true.
There has been assualt charges and indeed convictions

Rare, yes

Not strictly true.
There has been assualt charges and indeed convictions

Rare, yes
Wasn't it THE Chris Kamara, the first player ever to be convicted for an onfield 'punch?????

........(From Google).....Former Swindown defender Chris Kamara was the first English player to be convicted of GBH, after breaking Shrewsbury Town's Jim Melrose's cheekbone with his elbow during a match in 1988.

Kamara, now a television commentator, was fined 1 200 pounds and ordered to pay 250 pounds compensation. Since then however, sentencing requirements have been made tougher, which was what made Cotterill's jail term inevitable.

Magistrates in Scotland, which has a separate judicial system from England and Wales, have generally been harder on violent players than their counterparts south of the border.

Former Scotland striker Duncan Ferguson, then playing for Rangers, made history in 1995 when he was jailed for three months after being found guilty of headbutting Raith Rovers' John McStay during a match.

I just catching up with the day and realised he went on to score the winner

Its no consolation when mindless scum can do what they did but i hope the player enjoys his wine/beer/lemonade/line tonight

I guess it would depend on Grealish pressing charges? There is the offence of pitch encroachment however which he can be charged for

Player v Player charges are rare but I've heard it happens. Apparently, before I was born, there was a red card incident where a guy bear hugged an opponent and slammed him to the floor. He then bit his nose off.

That ended up with the police called I think. He's still banned sine die today. I hope I never get to see such an incident.

Player v Player charges are rare but I've heard it happens. Apparently, before I was born, there was a red card incident where a guy bear hugged an opponent and slammed him to the floor. He then bit his nose off.

That ended up with the police called I think. He's still banned sine die today. I hope I never get to see such an incident.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...r-first-to-be-jailed-for-on-field-tackle.html

On a related note, I just found this article after a google. Player jailed for on the field tackle

Back