A&H

Seb Larsson

The Referee Store
He's gone over the ball. The only reason there is any debate about it is he only caught Herrera a glancing blow, had he caught him full on the leg there would be no argument, and Herrera might not have walked away as he did.

Won the ball, play on! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, he's gone over the ball and that's a poor challenge. Happy with the RC.

Ive been having discussions on FB since it and to a man they all think that it wasn't a RED!!!!

We are apparently 'Game spoilers' and 'power mad' traffic wardens for spoiling the game!!!!!! :poop: Still red for me!!!

10, or even 5 years ago that probably wouldn't be a red card, but it certainly is now. The problem is that players, managers, spectators, etc, don't keep up to date with law changes. That is their problem, not the referee's problem.

Ive been having discussions on FB since it and to a man they all think that it wasn't a RED!!!!

We are apparently 'Game spoilers' and 'power mad' traffic wardens for spoiling the game!!!!!! :poop: Still red for me!!!

Oooo lucky he didn't snap the guy's leg. Over the ball and momentum/followed through. Nailed on red for me.

Hang on, it's against Utd, scrap the above, caution for Herrera for simulation. Penalty awarded to Sunderland at the next opportunity!!!

Not a red, WTF has the prem come to, he got the ball and tapped herra. fk and YC @ the most

Seriously?

Leg extending though the challenge, off his feet, over the position of the ball - how is that not endangering the safety of the other player?
Herrera was good enough to get out of the way - the challenge was a "leg breaker" = see Neil Taylor in the Wales v Ireland match, only by luck no injury.

I hear that far to often from pundits and people on social media etc. A second yellow or straight red being labeled as the referee 'ruining the game'. He's ruined the game by following the laws? Give over, look at the offender if you need somebody to blame

It's a red every day of the week. He's left his feet, gone studs up at shin height at some speed.

If Herrara has his leg planted there is a fair chance he's keeping Seamus Coleman company on the recovery ward.

Not a red, WTF has the prem come to, he got the ball and tapped herra. fk and YC @ the most
Ryan, you are perfectly entitled to your opinion,alas though, I don't think your opinion on this one has any merit in the current law or you will find much support on here. I'm from another era when this was acceptable, even encouraged, but as the game has developed the lawmakers have tried to lessen the naughty ones that are dangerous. Probably for good reason too!

You listened to Michael Gray on TalkS**t too then? Turned it off when he started spouting about "if that's a red, the game's gone" and how referees need to understand the game because this is the worst season ever for poor decisions that are ruining football. Very nearly phoned in to give him a torrent. Don't often get angry like that.

You listened to Michael Gray on TalkS**t too then? Turned it off when he started spouting about "if that's a red, the game's gone" and how referees need to understand the game because this is the worst season ever for poor decisions that are ruining football. Very nearly phoned in to give him a torrent. Don't often get angry like that.

was that the fella that branded the ref's decision as 'disgusting' ? i think i got a snippet of it on the way home in the car.... there was a man u fan called in and was trying to explain that referees dont make 'disgusting' decisions, they just make decisions... and the presenter wasnt having any of it and cut the poor bloke off ... yes, that bit made me angry too

There was one on a foreign Sky type Channel with Keys and Gray, they had Peter Reid on as a guest and it was refreshing to hear them all call it properly and that you used to be able to get away with it but you can't now!!! Not the ex pigs Michael Gray and Waddle, and of course the Oracle Robbie Savage, do me a ****** favour, what does that **** know about anything!!! The biggest cheer at Old Trafford the other night was for Dion Dublin and getting a standing ovation for breaking the idiots nose!!!! :angel::angel::angel:

Ryan - a player making contact with the ball has no bearing on this decision. The player has committed an act of serious foul play. His foot is high with studs showing, and although in your words he 'tapped herra', he COULD HAVE caused serious injury. Thus, it's a red card all day long.

Ryan - a player making contact with the ball has no bearing on this decision. The player has committed an act of serious foul play. His foot is high with studs showing, and although in your words he 'tapped herra', he COULD OF caused serious injury. Thus, it's a red card all day long.
I was trying to be funny. But red card still harsh, how do u tackle without studs showing, wear trainers :)

Seriously?
Leg extending though the challenge, off his feet, over the position of the ball - how is that not endangering the safety of the other player?
Herrera was good enough to get out of the way - the challenge was a "leg breaker" = see Neil Taylor in the Wales v Ireland match, only by luck no injury.
Have watched the tackle from a different angle and can now see y he was sent off. Now I see why everyone thinks it was a RC.

Back