A&H

Scotland v. Wales

Xman

First of all, I was at this game which turned out to be quite an unpredictable encounter and I suppose when you factor out all the misery for myself it was an entertaining game. I thought I would start a thread on this. Despite the decision to send off Robert Snodgrass being the key moment in the game, I thought the referee Mr. Gautier done well and can be pleased with all of the decisions he took despite the fact that there were sufficient important decisions to call it a challenging match:

- Correct to award a foul for an infringement on Alan McGregor in the 1st minute when Robson-Kanu was about to put the ball in the net
- very good consistent cautions for really poor fouls by both Aaron Ramsey and Grant Hanley
- two terrible challenges by Snodgrass consistently dealt with to produce a red card (possibly straight red for the first one?)
- Done well for the penalty award to see if Wales had a suitable clear advantage before courageously awarding the spot kick (although difficult to tell whether he missed it and the assistant gave it?)
- Didn't bottle out of showing Ramsey a straight red card despite the "safe" decision being to show a second yellow - very important in the opinion of observers

In summary, from my point of view it was another painful result to take, and had the red card and penalty not happened, I believe we would've went on to win the game comfortably, just a sign that things really aren't going our way. However, for the purposes of this forum, I think it's fair to say the ref had a really good game. Thoughts?

The Referee Store
Also forgot to mention correctly disallowed goal for Wales in the second half for a joint foul by King and WIlliams on McGregor before the ball was bundled into the net.

Looking at the Ramsey RC. Was is DOGSO? To be honest I have only seen it once but I thought the correct decision would have been second yellow?

Morrison's control of the ball in the DOGSO was an issue, but you have to ask yourself, did he look like he had bad control because he was being held back? Something that's really hard to tell in a lot of those circumstances.

Looking at the Ramsey RC. Was is DOGSO? To be honest I have only seen it once but I thought the correct decision would have been second yellow?

I was going to open that can of worms as well :) For me it's not a DOGSO, Ramsey does not have the ball under control, for me the Welsh keeper would have got there well before Ramsey. Agree with you that it should have been a second yellow

Back