A&H

Scenario

refdave83

RefChat Addict
Level 7 Referee
A scenario that could happen:

Player A tackles player B - but it's a foul - no doubt.

you blow up and you plan to caution PLAYER A for USB. He gives you dissent BEFORE YC is issued. do you just caution him for USB and warn him about his conduct/behaviour.

EDIT - edited by DanCohen17, just a couple of spelling changes!

The Referee Store
For me there isn't enough information given for the scenario is it early/late in the game? How has the rest of the game gone so far ie little/no dissent? Have you used the captain to manage his players (if the captain is of any use)

Based on the LOTG you give 1 caution for USB and a second for dissent followed by the red card for his second caution in the game.

Ps. Hopefully Player A hasn't got his parachute with him as previously mentioned in another thread

Show him one caution "That's for the tackle"; show him two cautions "That's for dissent" and make some kind of visual gesture that makes the distinction clear to spectators and others on the pitch. Show him the red card, and have him leave the FOP and its immediate surrounds.

Hmm, I think its a bit harsh to issue the two yellows so hastily. Whilst it is probably correct from a legal standpoint, I'd be more inclined to have a stern word with the player making him aware that he needs to settle down quickly and that no further dissent will be tolerated.

I think most guys when they cool down will realise that you've dealt with it well and this will enchance game control.

Obviously if the player doesn't heed the fair warning and continues with a tirade of dissent, he gets the second yellow.

Just my two (di)cents!

Yeah, I totally agree with you there; I think this was more a procedural question about how you'd go about doing it if it came up. But certainly a good point, alternation.

I think I would tray and apply Law 18 here. If the tackle is a yellow, then I would have card out, or be seen to be getting notebook out so the player is in little doubt.

If he dissents, then a stern "You're getting a card for the tackle, don;t make it a second one for dissent as well" should quiet him down. If not, show the yellow and say 'That's for the tackle' while pointing at the FOP where it occurred, write it down.

By now I've given him every chance to calm down, so if he still deserves a yellow for dissent, then the 'talking hand' action for the benefit of everyone else, and the second yellow/red combo is used.

I gave a player 2 yellows in the space of about 30secs, one for not retreating at a free kick then the cheeky chap decided to clap me for the decision to book him and patted me on the back.

So 2 yellows and your off start the car your going home

Another one - which could happen at grass roots level.

Manager & coach for red team. The coach is also the medic.

During the game you send the medic off out the dug out fir FOUL and abusive language.

Then a player of red team is seriously injured. What do you do??

Designated medic doesn't get dismissed. Report any misconduct as usual.
Correct and important for all to know/remember. The 'physio' is not allowed to be dismissed for the technical area for H&S reasons of their player's safety. You inform him/her that they are to be reported for misconduct.

Correct and important for all to know/remember. The 'physio' is not allowed to be dismissed for the technical area for H&S reasons of their player's safety. You inform him/her that they are to be reported for misconduct.
Just taking this a bit further actually. It's a player-physio.

Situation 1: Player-physio starts game and commits a red card offence and is sent off. What is the correct course of action?
Situation 2: Player-physio is on FOP as a player (starter or substituted on, doesn't matter), when another member of his team goes down injured. Physio gets bag and then treats player. Who, if anyone, is required to leave FOP?

I would say in scenario 1 that the player would have to leave the FOP but once off becomes a physio and so has the 'protection' of that role. Therefore he does not have to leave the pitch surrounds.

In scenario 2 I would think that the injured player only would leave the FOP until the ball was back in play. I'm not sure what you would do if the physio had to leave to continue treatment though.

Back