A&H

Saturday 5/10/13

SM

The avuncular one
Just got some news which has taken the shine off my weekend. My match was to be played on one of the best pitches locally, flat and lovely. However, due to a conflicting cup game the venue has been changed to one of the worst pitches in the area. Bloody crazy sloping in more than one direction pitch with a horrible up hill run to one goal. Come to think of it, it also has a horrible up hill run to get from one touch line to the other! Changing facilities? Not really. Any kind of crowd? Not likely.

Oh well. These things are sent to try us. Feel better for that rant.

The Referee Store
At least you get to polish that L-shaped diagonal, eh? ;)

I'm feeling fitter than I was (knee injury) so phoned round and ended up being given the choice of two: "Nice pitch and good sandwiches" versus "A fiest-". Appointments secretary didn't even have to finish the sentence haha. Turns out it's a county vets cup game. Nice way to get back into it now I'm back in my original parent county :)

Reactions: SM
I make my return to the middle having had the traditional L4 lack of middle time! Supply Prem middle, reasonably local, looking forward to it!

Just got some news which has taken the shine off my weekend. My match was to be played on one of the best pitches locally, flat and lovely. However, due to a conflicting cup game the venue has been changed to one of the worst pitches in the area. Bloody crazy sloping in more than one direction pitch with a horrible up hill run to one goal. Come to think of it, it also has a horrible up hill run to get from one touch line to the other! Changing facilities? Not really. Any kind of crowd? Not likely.

Oh well. These things are sent to try us. Feel better for that rant.
And......rest. Now, breathe.......Better?

Haha yes. Mine is not to question why, mine is just to turn up and officiate the living poop out of whatever game I am assigned! :)

I've got what's likely to be my most difficult match of the season so far tomorrow! It's an U16 KO Cup match between two of the most 'feisty' teams in the league! Just to make it a bit more difficult, I sent off one of the away team for OFFINABUS three weeks ago, in addition to reporting another player and the manager for misconduct! They'll be overjoyed when I turn up :D In all seriousness though, it'll be a challenge, but one I'm really looking forward to!

Good luck all!

Since posting, I've had the phone call informing me I have my first assessment of the season (3rd in marking season) and it's from a lovely guy who I get on well with. Need 3pm tomorrow to hurry up!

Good luck all!

Since posting, I've had the phone call informing me I have my first assessment of the season (3rd in marking season) and it's from a lovely guy who I get on well with. Need 3pm tomorrow to hurry up!

Best of luck Dan, sure you'll be fine .. and seeing as we live in the same part of the world, looks like you should have a good day for it :)

oh dear. All gone wrong today. Match abandoned after 12 minutes due to aggressive abuse from home fans

oh dear. All gone wrong today. Match abandoned after 12 minutes due to aggressive abuse from home fans

That must have been bad to abandon it so early in the game, was the aggression towards you or towards the other fans? I heard of one being abandoned around by me for drunken crowd running on the pitch but that was a while ago.

****, dude. Hope you're alright and unharmed and feeling OK. Plenty of help and support around when it comes to your well-being and, sigh, the reporting.

It was a bizarre one indeed.

Lots of paperwork for today which is now ready to send.

Last edited:
Doesn't sound like you were left with much choice! It's amazing how a relatively minor incident can cause such a scene isn't it? I really hope the FA throw the book at that team, appalling behaviour! :(

Funny thing when I was walking off the pitch after the abandonment - I noticed the slope is not as horrendous as I remembered it being. Certainly not good still, but there are worse. :D made me smile

Last edited:
Back