A&H

Saka offside offence vs City

The Referee Store
From the LOTG:

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
  • interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
    • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
    • challenging an opponent for the ball or
    • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
    • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

I would say that's a nice easy offside decision, interferes under the 2nd bullet point you quoted from the LOTG above.

I would say it's fairly different to the Rashford one because he didn't touch the defender at all or obscure his vision.

I’m not sold that he actually interfered with the opponent within the meaning of Law 11. But I will also note the 5th lurking was to interfere with an opponent, which appears below the bullets:

• a player moving from, or standing in, an offside position is in the way of an opponent and interferes with the movement of the opponent towards the ball, this is an offside offence if it impacts on the ability of the opponent to play or challenge for the ball​

On first view, I thought he might have interfered with the movement of the defender, but as I re-watched, I don’t think he did—the defender took a straight line to the ball and played it. A different angle might convince me there was actual interference. Fro just this angle, I think the call is a miss, but a very understandable miss.

Not seeing an offside offence there. Saka pretty much stops in place when he realises he's in an offside position and doesn't interfere with an opponent in any of the ways defined in the law, for me.

I can see both sides, but as we all know, it's much easier to make the precise call after having a chance to watch 4/5 times in slow motion.

For me Saka's angle and direction of movement would have made me think he was interfering from the angle of the AR.

In real time... offside. Correct call.
After review... on the fence.

There were two other offside calls where it wasn't obvious who was interfering. After Holding's holding Haaland early on (given the other way) and then elbowing him in the back of the head (no call) I'd given up trying to analyse why decisions were made.

Back