A&H

Safeguarding

Reece

Level 6 Referee
When I registered and trained to become a referee I was on 15 and therefore did not have to attend the Safeguarding course and completed the relevant pack.

However after checking member services on my county FA it shows that it runs out in June.

Just wandered what happens from here and whether I need to do anything ?

Thanks in advance

The Referee Store
One you turn 18 a CRB check has to be done. Best to email your RDO to see how to go about doing it.

@haywain do you know if that affects those of us aged 16/17 at the moment or whether it is only for new refs?

answer is yes

just googled referees crc checks and have cut n pasted from north riding fa as an example -

As many of you may be aware, recent legislative changes means that any Referee; including Referee tutor/mentor/coach/assessor, over the age of 16 who intends to officiate in youth football (U18) or work with the Associations’ match officials within the Referee Development Team during season 2014/2015 will require an FA ‘Accepted’ CRC (formerly CRB).

As The FA have implemented a three year renewal policy for all criminal record checks, this means that only CRCs/CRBs issued since January 2010 will be accepted for those working in youth football for the coming season.

Whilst it had been initially intended to build this validation into the online referee registration process, in order not to delay the referee registration process match officials will now be able to register for the season 2014/2015 via Whole Game System with or without an ‘Accepted’ CRC.

If match officials (Referee Development Team members) without an FA CRC state that it is their intention to officiate within youth football during the coming season, they must successfully complete the CRC application process by 1st September 2014.

North Riding County FA are pleased to advise that we will be covering the cost of all online CRC checks and renewals for match officials that attend one of the drop-in sessions, detailed below.

If it is your intention to be involved in youth football for the forthcoming season we would ask you to follow the guidance below:

Visit: www.onlinecrb.tmgcrb.co.uk
Register: You will need an email address
Secret Word: Stokesley (Please ensure that you input a capital ‘S’)
Organisation PIN: 102286

Complete the application, select documents for verification and attend one of the CRC Drop In sessions to have your documents verified by NRCFA. Details of Drop In sessions are shown below. Applications are typically processed between seven to ten working days.

I have completed my CRC, i was on about the Safeguarding of Children. Will i need to attend a course for it or will i complete it at home like the other one

Get someone who's applies for one before (possibly a parent) to help you out... Took me ages on my own
Cheers, I'll get my Dad to give me a hand!

I have completed my CRC, i was on about the Safeguarding of Children. Will i need to attend a course for it or will i complete it at home like the other one
I don't think you have to complete safeguarding children again if you have CRC.

Back