A&H

Ryan Ledson Horror Tackle (2013)

deusex

RefChat Addict
This is from 2013 but popped up on my YouTube suggestions and I'd never seen it before:

Obviously I'm gonna disagree with any foul here cos, as you can see him telling the ref, he got the ball...
All joking aside, what a dirty b***ard. Any Preston fans on here?

The Referee Store
I remember 3-4 tackles EVER like this and all were dismissed. I had a few that were far worse too, to a man they all say 'I went for the ball ref'.There were a few broken legs in all my leagues but thankfully I never had one. Met a few lads walking on crutches with cages around their legs with the muscle totally wasting away, horrible to see 6-9 months of wasted life.....

Message to all the newbies.... don't do what he did!!!

Jesus Christ, what a a tackle. Saw the ref reaching for the back pocket only to be disappointed to no end. On a side note, does anyone else keep their wallet in the back pockets? Always thought they belonged in the breast pocket

This is the type of decision you need VAR for. Easy red card all day every day. Full speed, slow speed, freeze frame...
The decision was clearly wrong.

Jesus Christ, what a a tackle. Saw the ref reaching for the back pocket only to be disappointed to no end. On a side note, does anyone else keep their wallet in the back pockets? Always thought they belonged in the breast pocket
It doesn't matter,,,,,, just as long as you get the right one out when it matters....

Our young Blues liked to get stuck in to the reds in the derby.

Look at this one (or two) here, second one from Joe Williams now on loan at Bolton.

Last edited:
This is the type of decision you need VAR for. Easy red card all day every day. Full speed, slow speed, freeze frame...
The decision was clearly wrong.

Sorry but if VAR is needed here, the on field ref should be trawling retail parks with the wife on a Saturday
Yes its needed to correct the error
But bottom line, no (reasonable) referee, certainly not one at that level, should be getting that wrong

It doesn't matter,,,,,, just as long as you get the right one out when it matters....
Na, I know. Just that when we reach for the back pocket, players are generally reacting as if they're getting sent off while you might only intend to caution them if you keep your wallet there.

Although in this instance I'd expect the player to walk off the pitch before anyone even gets the cards out. He's so late in this tackle he's even missed the bus home

Red card and spare pencil in the back pocket, wallet in the breast pocket for me.

Though, I guess it doesn't matter really.

Back